Just one ie6 template that works with ie6!?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ivor O'Connor, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Here's what I'm looking for:
    1) Fluid so it uses the full screen
    2) Has two side menus.
    3) Has a main contents pane.
    4) Has a header and footer
    5) Print preview only prints the main content pane and does it
    correctly...
    6) Works with ie6 on w2k

    Now here are the sites that offer free templates claiming to work yet
    don't:
    1) This doesn't take into account printing at all.
    http://www.projectseven.com/whims/cssp_3box/index.htm

    2) Clips the main contents page at the top.
    http://www.saila.com/usage/layouts/

    3) Prints the menu panels as well
    http://glish.com/css/

    4) Prints the menu panels instead of just the main panel
    http://bluerobot.com/web/layouts/layout3.html

    5) text on top of text when attempting to print!
    http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/basic4.html

    6) lol, doesn't even work in the browser!
    http://webdesign.about.com/library/layouts/z3columns.htm

    7) Why the heck aren't they fluid?!
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

    8) I give up. Somebody help...

    Ivor O'Connor, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Ivor O'Connor

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Ivor O'Connor <> wrote:

    >Here's what I'm looking for:
    >1) Fluid so it uses the full screen
    >2) Has two side menus.
    >3) Has a main contents pane.
    >4) Has a header and footer
    >5) Print preview only prints the main content pane and does it
    >correctly...
    >6) Works with ie6 on w2k
    >
    >Now here are the sites that offer free templates claiming to work yet
    >don't:

    [snip]

    >8) I give up. Somebody help...

    I can't point you at one that exists already, but there's nothing
    especially difficult in your list of requirements. So the question is,
    how much are you willing to pay?

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Nov 25, 2003

  3. I saw the following on another thread:

    Layout examples:
    http://www.glish.com/css/
    http://www.csszengarden.com/
    http://www.wannabegirl.org/css/
    http://tantek.com/CSS/Examples/
    http://www.saila.com/usage/layouts/
    http://www.bluerobot.com/web/layouts/
    http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~apple77/columns/
    http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/
    http://www.htmler.org/tutorials/3/1.html
    http://css.nu/articles/floating-boxes.html
    http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/
    http://www.roguelibrarian.com/lj/index.html
    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CssLayouts
    http://ecoculture.com/styleguide/r/rollovers.html
    http://thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/index.html
    http://www.webreference.com/authoring/style/sheets/layout/advanced/

    It's incredible all but two of these sites don't have examples that
    print decently using w2k and ie6 with all the latest patches. You'd
    think the people teaching others would get things right on their own
    sites and examples.

    Ivor O'Connor, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Ivor O'Connor wrote:

    > 3) Prints the menu panels as well
    > http://glish.com/css/

    Just take the one you want from here and then create an extra CSS bit:

    #menu1, #menu2 {
    display: none;
    }

    --