Just seen on c.l.py

George Moschovitis

Which is basically what I was looking for. But I have to go poke around
with migrations, because it may make a few Rails things simpler.

Btw, stay tuned for *automatic* schema evolution coming to Og and
Nitro, real soon now :)

regards,
George.

Joe Van Dyk

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 23:35:21 +0200, JZ wrote:
=20
=20
To be more specific... how to prepare "create_table :system_settings ..."
code for such table:
=20
CREATE TABLE `book` (
`id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`book_id` varchar(3) character set utf8 NOT NULL default '',
`chapter_nr` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`verse_nr` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`verse` text collate utf8_polish_ci NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
UNIQUE KEY `idx_uniq` (`book_id`,`chapter_nr`,`verse_nr`)
) ENGINE=3DMyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=3Dutf8 COLLATE=3Dutf8_polish_ci;

See http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Migration.html

I don't see collate in there yet, but it shouldn't be a hard patch. I
know that you can give the table creation statement an option string
that gets appended to the table sql definition, so that's one part of
it.