JUst Upgraded server to 2003 but...

Shawn

When I try to create a simple aspx file, instead of
serving that page in a browser, it asked me if I want to
download it. I received another message saying it was not
there, when I see it on the file structure. Am I missing
something. Please help.

Shawn

Jason Brown [MSFT]

well, did you request it via HTTP, or just drop it into IE? this is a bit of
a common newbie mistake, but I can't tell from here if you're that green or
not.
the other possibility ould be that you don't have ASP.NET enabled in IIS,
though that would also require you to be using a non-recognised mime-type,
which is not that way by default...

--
Jason Brown
Microsoft GTSC, IIS

rights.

Shawn

Thanks, it was not enabled in IIS, I had to go to the
Website Manager (or something similiar) in IIS. Works
perfect now. Now the fun journey begins...

Shawn

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Shawn.

In Windows Server 2003, you need to enable the
execution of ASP.NET pages.

Open the IIS Manager, scroll down on the left
to the "Web Service Extensions" folder, then
highlight the ASP.NET version or versions
that you want to enable on the right-hand panel
and click the "Allow" button.

That will allow the execution of ASP.NET pages.

If you want to enable .asp files, allow *them*.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP