jvmti breakpoint api

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dacong Yan, Mar 19, 2009.

  1. Dacong Yan

    Dacong Yan Guest

    Hi,

    I'm new to jvmti, and I'm trying to develop a simple
    java debugger using the breakpoint related api.
    My question is:
    * How can I map source file level line numbers to
    `jlocation'?

    The problem occurred to me when I was going to
    use SetBreakpoint():
    jvmtiError
    SetBreakpoint(jvmtiEnv* env,
    jmethodID method,
    jlocation location)
    I don't know what value of the varible `location' should
    I pass into the function call, and how the line numbers
    specified by the user can be mapped to `jlocation'.

    Tony

    Dacong Yan, Mar 19, 2009

  2. Dacong Yan

    Dacong Yan Guest

    On Mar 19, 8:29 pm, Dacong Yan <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to jvmti, and I'm trying to develop a simple
    > java debugger using the breakpoint related api.
    > My question is:
    >    * How can I map source file level line numbers to
    > `jlocation'?
    >
    > The problem occurred to me when I was going to
    > use SetBreakpoint():
    > jvmtiError
    > SetBreakpoint(jvmtiEnv* env,
    >             jmethodID method,
    >             jlocation location)
    > I don't know what value of the varible `location' should
    > I pass into the function call, and how the line numbers
    > specified by the user can be mapped to `jlocation'.
    >
    > Tony

    +cn.bbs.comp.lang.java

    Dacong Yan, Mar 19, 2009