jvmti breakpoint api

Dacong Yan

Hi,

I'm new to jvmti, and I'm trying to develop a simple
java debugger using the breakpoint related api.
My question is:
* How can I map source file level line numbers to
`jlocation'?

The problem occurred to me when I was going to
use SetBreakpoint():
jvmtiError
SetBreakpoint(jvmtiEnv* env,
jmethodID method,
jlocation location)
I don't know what value of the varible `location' should
I pass into the function call, and how the line numbers
specified by the user can be mapped to `jlocation'.

Tony

Dacong Yan

Hi,

I'm new to jvmti, and I'm trying to develop a simple
java debugger using the breakpoint related api.
My question is:
   * How can I map source file level line numbers to
`jlocation'?

The problem occurred to me when I was going to
use SetBreakpoint():
jvmtiError
SetBreakpoint(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jmethodID method,
            jlocation location)
I don't know what value of the varible `location' should
I pass into the function call, and how the line numbers
specified by the user can be mapped to `jlocation'.

Tony

+cn.bbs.comp.lang.java