JWindow HELP!

AJ

System: Dual CPU AMD box
OS: Redhat 9
Java Version: 1.4.2

My JWindow has borders and decorations! Why? Can someone tell me how
to get rid of them? I would GREATLY appeciate it. Thanks.

AJ

Steve W. Jackson

:System: Dual CPU AMD box
:OS: Redhat 9
:Java Version: 1.4.2
:
:My JWindow has borders and decorations! Why? Can someone tell me how
:to get rid of them? I would GREATLY appeciate it. Thanks.
:
:AJ

I recall seeing that with our splash window on Mandrake 9. To the best
of my recollection, there's no code solution available. It's a matter
of the window manager in use, I do believe. I'm now using Gnome on that
particular system and no longer have a frame around my JWindow.

= Steve =

AJ

Funny you say you are running gnome to fix the problem. That is the
window manager I am using that is causing the problem! Restarting in
failsafe fixes it for me, so I guess I will do that for now on.
Thanks for replying.

Steve W. Jackson

:Funny you say you are running gnome to fix the problem. That is the
:window manager I am using that is causing the problem! Restarting in
:failsafe fixes it for me, so I guess I will do that for now on.
:Thanks for replying.
:
::> In article <[email protected]>,
:> (e-mail address removed) (AJ) wrote:
:>
:> >:System: Dual CPU AMD box
:> >:OS: Redhat 9
:> >:Java Version: 1.4.2
:> >:
:> >:My JWindow has borders and decorations! Why? Can someone tell me how
:> >:to get rid of them? I would GREATLY appeciate it. Thanks.
:> >:
:> >:AJ
:>
:> I recall seeing that with our splash window on Mandrake 9. To the best
:> of my recollection, there's no code solution available. It's a matter
:> of the window manager in use, I do believe. I'm now using Gnome on that
:> particular system and no longer have a frame around my JWindow.
:>
:> = Steve =

And I was incorrect...I didn't have access to that system at the time I
posted the above to verify.

I experimented with multiple window managers, of which Gnome was one.
I'm currently using KDE and connecting to the system in question via
VNC, and I do not have this problem. I can't honestly recall if I had a
frame on my JWindow with Gnome or not, only that I don't have one now.

= Steve =