    My JWindow has borders and decorations! Why? Can someone tell me how
    to get rid of them? I would GREATLY appeciate it. Thanks.

    AJ
    AJ, Apr 7, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    (AJ) wrote:

    >:System: Dual CPU AMD box
    >:OS: Redhat 9
    >:Java Version: 1.4.2
    >:
    >:My JWindow has borders and decorations! Why? Can someone tell me how
    >:to get rid of them? I would GREATLY appeciate it. Thanks.
    >:
    >:AJ

    I recall seeing that with our splash window on Mandrake 9. To the best
    of my recollection, there's no code solution available. It's a matter
    of the window manager in use, I do believe. I'm now using Gnome on that
    particular system and no longer have a frame around my JWindow.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Steve W. Jackson, Apr 7, 2004

  3. AJ

    AJ Guest

    Funny you say you are running gnome to fix the problem. That is the
    window manager I am using that is causing the problem! Restarting in
    failsafe fixes it for me, so I guess I will do that for now on.
    Thanks for replying.

    AJ, Apr 8, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    (AJ) wrote:

    >:Funny you say you are running gnome to fix the problem. That is the
    >:window manager I am using that is causing the problem! Restarting in
    >:failsafe fixes it for me, so I guess I will do that for now on.
    >:Thanks for replying.
    >:
    >:"Steve W. Jackson" <> wrote in message
    >:news:<-berlin.de>...
    >:> In article <>,
    >:> (AJ) wrote:
    >:>
    >:> >:System: Dual CPU AMD box
    >:> >:OS: Redhat 9
    >:> >:Java Version: 1.4.2
    >:> >:
    >:> >:My JWindow has borders and decorations! Why? Can someone tell me how
    >:> >:to get rid of them? I would GREATLY appeciate it. Thanks.
    >:> >:
    >:> >:AJ
    >:>
    >:> I recall seeing that with our splash window on Mandrake 9. To the best
    >:> of my recollection, there's no code solution available. It's a matter
    >:> of the window manager in use, I do believe. I'm now using Gnome on that
    >:> particular system and no longer have a frame around my JWindow.
    >:>
    >:> = Steve =

    And I was incorrect...I didn't have access to that system at the time I
    posted the above to verify.

    I experimented with multiple window managers, of which Gnome was one.
    I'm currently using KDE and connecting to the system in question via
    VNC, and I do not have this problem. I can't honestly recall if I had a
    frame on my JWindow with Gnome or not, only that I don't have one now.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama