    there is a fix? Or is it by design - I didn't think so.

    Thanks

    Lionel.
    Lionel van den Berg, Mar 3, 2008

  2. Lionel van den Berg

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 3 Mar 2008 21:18:05 +1100, Lionel van den Berg <>

    >Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be going on and if
    >there is a fix? Or is it by design - I didn't think so.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jnlp.html

    There are some parms that control when you update. However, I think
    this area may still be buggy. I am having a heck of time getting
    desktop shortcuts to JWS apps to work.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Mar 3, 2008

  3. Lionel van den Berg wrote:

    > I recently updated the main jar file in an application I'm working on at
    > http://www.tciworks.info/JWS/index.jnlp using JWS, but for some reason
    > the new jar was not downloaded by default. I didn't think too much of it
    > at the time but then another user complained about the same thing and had
    > to launch from the site rather than the desktop shortcut.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be going on and if
    > there is a fix? Or is it by design - I didn't think so.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Lionel.

    I had this problem similar to yours.

    My application uses the SingleInstanceService, and as such can only use
    background update, like
    <update check="background" policy="always" />
    .

    Because of this, you should specify
    <shortcut online="true">

    If this is set to offline, it will not check for updates from the
    (desktop) shortcut.

    Using
    <offline-allowed/>
    still works. Hope this solves your problem. Also do a force reload of
    the page after updating the jnlp (I experienced it helps).
    --
    Sabine Dinis Blochberger

    Op3racional
    www.op3racional.eu
    Sabine Dinis Blochberger, Mar 4, 2008
  4. On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:00:52 +0000, Sabine Dinis Blochberger wrote:

    > Lionel van den Berg wrote:
    >
    >> I recently updated the main jar file in an application I'm working on
    >> at http://www.tciworks.info/JWS/index.jnlp using JWS, but for some
    >> reason the new jar was not downloaded by default. I didn't think too
    >> much of it at the time but then another user complained about the same
    >> thing and had to launch from the site rather than the desktop shortcut.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be going on and if
    >> there is a fix? Or is it by design - I didn't think so.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Lionel.

    > I had this problem similar to yours.
    >
    > My application uses the SingleInstanceService, and as such can only use
    > background update, like
    > <update check="background" policy="always" />
    >

    > Because of this, you should specify
    > <shortcut online="true">
    >
    > If this is set to offline, it will not check for updates from the
    > (desktop) shortcut.
    >
    > Using
    > <offline-allowed/>
    > still works. Hope this solves your problem. Also do a force reload of
    > the page after updating the jnlp (I experienced it helps).

    Thanks to both replies. This looks particularly helpful, will be playing
    with it soon :).
    Lionel van den Berg, Mar 4, 2008