JWS source code availability

Andrew Thompson

I started a thread on the sun forums a while ago, seeking
the source for classes in the com.sun.javaws package.
<http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5386795>

A gcooney popped into the thread, claiming to be looking
at the source at that moment, but I could not find a location
for downloading the Jar they referred to.

Has anybody seen a source Jar that includes classes in the
com.sun.javaws package? Where did you get it? What was the
exact file name/URL for that Jar?

Roedy Green

That thread has now been resolved. Check the later
parts of the thread if you are having trouble locating
the source. Otherwise, 'thanks for reading!'.

so the answer it is it s buried in the source for the rest of JDK
1.6.0_14 ??
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

If everyone lived the way people do in Vancouver, we would need three more entire planets to support us.
~ Guy Dauncey

Andrew Thompson

so the answer it is it s buried in the source for the rest of JDK
1.6.0_14 ??

Yes. It was the '6 top level directories' that
had me fooled. I was searching in 'j2se', rather
than (having even noticed) the 'deploy' directory.

Roedy Green

Yes. It was the '6 top level directories' that
had me fooled. I was searching in 'j2se', rather
than (having even noticed) the 'deploy' directory.

This is a job for Copernic. You just give it some keywords and it
searches its local indexes.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/copernic.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

If everyone lived the way people do in Vancouver, we would need three more entire planets to support us.
~ Guy Dauncey

Tom Anderson

This is a job for Copernic. You just give it some keywords and it
searches its local indexes.

Or, if you have the whole project checked out on disk, 'find' (since you
know the classname) or 'grep -r' (if you don't).

tom

Roedy Green

Or, if you have the whole project checked out on disk, 'find' (since you
know the classname) or 'grep -r' (if you don't).

I use both the grep and Copernic approaches to searching.

grep works where you are looking for a particular word in a fairly
small set of files. A regex search gives you fine control to filter
out false hits.

Copernic works great on a very large set of files when you don't know
precisely what you are looking for. You have some synonym, or other
words that will likely occur somewhere in the same document. It works
with a pre-built set of indexes, so it is almost instantaneous.