    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 18, 2009

  2. On Jun 18, 11:10 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > I started a thread on the sun forums a while ago, seeking
    > the source for classes in the com.sun.javaws package.
    > <http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5386795>

    That thread has now been resolved. Check the later
    parts of the thread if you are having trouble locating
    the source. Otherwise, 'thanks for reading!'.

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 21, 2009

  3. Andrew Thompson

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:24:48 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Thompson
    who said :

    >That thread has now been resolved. Check the later
    >parts of the thread if you are having trouble locating
    >the source. Otherwise, 'thanks for reading!'.

    so the answer it is it s buried in the source for the rest of JDK
    1.6.0_14 ??
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    If everyone lived the way people do in Vancouver, we would need three more entire planets to support us.
    ~ Guy Dauncey

    Roedy Green, Jun 21, 2009
  4. On Jun 21, 12:37 pm, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:24:48 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Thompson
    > who said :
    >
    > >That thread has now been resolved.  Check the later
    > >parts of the thread if you are having trouble locating
    > >the source.  Otherwise, 'thanks for reading!'.

    > so the answer it is it s buried in the source for the rest of JDK
    > 1.6.0_14 ??

    Yes. It was the '6 top level directories' that
    had me fooled. I was searching in 'j2se', rather
    than (having even noticed) the 'deploy' directory.

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 21, 2009
  5. Andrew Thompson

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:41:09 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Thompson
    who said :

    >Yes. It was the '6 top level directories' that
    >had me fooled. I was searching in 'j2se', rather
    >than (having even noticed) the 'deploy' directory.

    This is a job for Copernic. You just give it some keywords and it
    searches its local indexes.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/copernic.html

    Roedy Green, Jun 21, 2009
  6. Andrew Thompson

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:41:09 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Thompson
    > who said :
    >
    >> Yes. It was the '6 top level directories' that had me fooled. I was
    >> searching in 'j2se', rather than (having even noticed) the 'deploy'
    >> directory.

    > This is a job for Copernic. You just give it some keywords and it
    > searches its local indexes.

    Or, if you have the whole project checked out on disk, 'find' (since you
    know the classname) or 'grep -r' (if you don't).

    tom

    --
    This should be on ox.boring, shouldn't it?

    Tom Anderson, Jun 21, 2009
  7. Andrew Thompson

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:13:29 +0100, Tom Anderson
    said :

    >Or, if you have the whole project checked out on disk, 'find' (since you
    >know the classname) or 'grep -r' (if you don't).

    I use both the grep and Copernic approaches to searching.

    grep works where you are looking for a particular word in a fairly
    small set of files. A regex search gives you fine control to filter
    out false hits.

    Copernic works great on a very large set of files when you don't know
    precisely what you are looking for. You have some synonym, or other
    words that will likely occur somewhere in the same document. It works
    with a pre-built set of indexes, so it is almost instantaneous.

    Roedy Green, Jun 23, 2009