JWSDP 1.3 problem - "302 Moved Temporarily"

Dave I

I am just getting started with web services, using the JWSDP 1.3, and
following the O'Reilly book Java Web Services in a Nutshell. But I
am having a peculiar problem with the examples in the book.

The first example is the simplest of SOAP services. It just echoes
your SOAP request back at you. The example includes a simple client
that sends an empty SOAP request. It couldn't be more basic.

However when I deploy the service to tomcat and run the client, I get
error "HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily" back, redirecting my
application to the same location. I've run tcpmon to look at the
request, and the request looks A-OK. I've undeployed and redeployed
the service on tomcat, there doesn't seems to be any problem there
either.

So why am I getting this error? Has anybody else ever come across
this problem?

Thanks

Dave I

Ryan Stewart

Dave I said:
[...]

If you're connecting to http://localhost:xxxx/ and expecting to be
redirected to http://localhost:xxxx/index.jsp or something of that nature,
you might get the 302. It doesn't make much sense, but it happened to me
just the other day. I forget the exact circumstances.