JWSDP 1.3 problem - "302 Moved Temporarily"

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dave I, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Dave I

    Dave I Guest

    I am just getting started with web services, using the JWSDP 1.3, and
    following the O'Reilly book Java Web Services in a Nutshell. But I
    am having a peculiar problem with the examples in the book.

    The first example is the simplest of SOAP services. It just echoes
    your SOAP request back at you. The example includes a simple client
    that sends an empty SOAP request. It couldn't be more basic.

    However when I deploy the service to tomcat and run the client, I get
    error "HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily" back, redirecting my
    application to the same location. I've run tcpmon to look at the
    request, and the request looks A-OK. I've undeployed and redeployed
    the service on tomcat, there doesn't seems to be any problem there
    either.

    So why am I getting this error? Has anybody else ever come across
    this problem?

    Thanks

    Dave I
    Dave I, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Dave I

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "Dave I" <> wrote in message
    > I am just getting started with web services, using the JWSDP 1.3, and
    > following the O'Reilly book Java Web Services in a Nutshell. But I
    > am having a peculiar problem with the examples in the book.
    >
    > The first example is the simplest of SOAP services. It just echoes
    > your SOAP request back at you. The example includes a simple client
    > that sends an empty SOAP request. It couldn't be more basic.
    >
    > However when I deploy the service to tomcat and run the client, I get
    > error "HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily" back, redirecting my
    > application to the same location. I've run tcpmon to look at the
    > request, and the request looks A-OK. I've undeployed and redeployed
    > the service on tomcat, there doesn't seems to be any problem there
    > either.
    >
    > So why am I getting this error? Has anybody else ever come across
    > this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dave I

    If you're connecting to http://localhost:xxxx/ and expecting to be
    redirected to http://localhost:xxxx/index.jsp or something of that nature,
    you might get the 302. It doesn't make much sense, but it happened to me
    just the other day. I forget the exact circumstances.
    Ryan Stewart, Feb 16, 2004