Jython & IronPython Under Active Development?

Haibao Tang

This question may be a bit weird but I really want to know if these two
hybrid projects are still active.

Simon John

Haibao said:
This question may be a bit weird but I really want to know if these two
hybrid projects are still active.

they're both by the same guy, and i think jython just had a new
release, although i expect ironpython will turn into microsoft visual
python.net instead of reaching v1.0

Robert Kern

Simon said:
they're both by the same guy, and i think jython just had a new
release, although i expect ironpython will turn into microsoft visual
python.net instead of reaching v1.0

It should be noted that Jim Hugunin no longer works on Jython although
he did start the project (possibly with others, I'm not sure).

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter

Cameron Laird

.
.
.
It should be noted that Jim Hugunin no longer works on Jython although
he did start the project (possibly with others, I'm not sure).
.
.
.
Mostly he started it with others discouraging him, arguing,
"*That*'s one project that'll never fly."

Steve Holden

HackingYodel said:

Just a little further background. The Python Software Foundation
recently awarded a grant to help to bring Jython into line with the
current CPython release.

Jim Hugunin now works for Microsoft, and hopes to promote Python as a
full member of the .NET environment. He'll be speaking at PyCon DC 2005
in March this year, and I hope that his talk will include some details
of his experiences at Microsoft (though that's entirely up to Jim).

regards
Steve

Kent Johnson

Steve said:
Just a little further background. The Python Software Foundation
recently awarded a grant to help to bring Jython into line with the
current CPython release.

Is information publicly available about this and other PSF grants? I don't see any announcement on
the PSF web site or in the grants-discuss mail list.

Thanks,
Kent

Steve Holden

Kent said:
Is information publicly available about this and other PSF grants? I
don't see any announcement on the PSF web site or in the grants-discuss
mail list.

Thanks,
Kent

I know an announcement is to be made, but I can't tell you when to
expect it. Certainly the intention is to be as open as possible about
the grants process.

hoping-i-haven't-jumped-the-gun-ly y'rs - steve