    Haibao Tang Guest

    This question may be a bit weird but I really want to know if these two
    hybrid projects are still active.
    Haibao Tang, Dec 26, 2004

  2. Haibao Tang

    Simon John Guest

    Haibao Tang wrote:
    > This question may be a bit weird but I really want to know if these

    two
    > hybrid projects are still active.

    they're both by the same guy, and i think jython just had a new
    release, although i expect ironpython will turn into microsoft visual
    python.net instead of reaching v1.0
    Simon John, Dec 26, 2004

  3. Haibao Tang

    Robert Kern Guest

    Simon John wrote:
    > Haibao Tang wrote:
    >
    >>This question may be a bit weird but I really want to know if these

    > two
    >
    >>hybrid projects are still active.

    > they're both by the same guy, and i think jython just had a new
    > release, although i expect ironpython will turn into microsoft visual
    > python.net instead of reaching v1.0

    It should be noted that Jim Hugunin no longer works on Jython although
    he did start the project (possibly with others, I'm not sure).

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter
    Robert Kern, Dec 26, 2004
  4. In article <cqlju1$jfi$>, Robert Kern <> wrote:
    .
    .
    .
    >It should be noted that Jim Hugunin no longer works on Jython although
    >he did start the project (possibly with others, I'm not sure).

    .
    .
    .
    Mostly he started it with others discouraging him, arguing,
    "*That*'s one project that'll never fly."
    Cameron Laird, Dec 26, 2004
  5. Haibao Tang

    HackingYodel Guest

    Cameron Laird wrote:
    > In article <cqlju1$jfi$>, Robert Kern <> wrote:
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >
    >>It should be noted that Jim Hugunin no longer works on Jython although
    >>he did start the project (possibly with others, I'm not sure).

    > .
    > .
    > .
    > Mostly he started it with others discouraging him, arguing,
    > "*That*'s one project that'll never fly."

    Short story at http://hugunin.net/story_of_jython.html from Jim himself.
    :)
    HackingYodel, Dec 26, 2004
  6. Haibao Tang

    Steve Holden Guest

    HackingYodel wrote:

    > Cameron Laird wrote:
    >
    >> In article <cqlju1$jfi$>, Robert Kern
    >> <> wrote:
    >> .
    >> .
    >> .
    >>
    >>> It should be noted that Jim Hugunin no longer works on Jython
    >>> although he did start the project (possibly with others, I'm not sure).

    >> .
    >> .
    >> .
    >> Mostly he started it with others discouraging him, arguing,
    >> "*That*'s one project that'll never fly."

    > Short story at http://hugunin.net/story_of_jython.html from Jim himself.
    > :)

    Just a little further background. The Python Software Foundation
    recently awarded a grant to help to bring Jython into line with the
    current CPython release.

    Jim Hugunin now works for Microsoft, and hopes to promote Python as a
    full member of the .NET environment. He'll be speaking at PyCon DC 2005
    in March this year, and I hope that his talk will include some details
    of his experiences at Microsoft (though that's entirely up to Jim).

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden http://www.holdenweb.com/
    Holden Web LLC +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119
    Steve Holden, Dec 27, 2004
  7. Haibao Tang

    Kent Johnson Guest

    Steve Holden wrote:
    > Just a little further background. The Python Software Foundation
    > recently awarded a grant to help to bring Jython into line with the
    > current CPython release.

    Is information publicly available about this and other PSF grants? I don't see any announcement on
    the PSF web site or in the grants-discuss mail list.

    Thanks,
    Kent
    Kent Johnson, Dec 27, 2004
  8. Haibao Tang

    Steve Holden Guest

    Kent Johnson wrote:

    > Steve Holden wrote:
    >
    >> Just a little further background. The Python Software Foundation
    >> recently awarded a grant to help to bring Jython into line with the
    >> current CPython release.

    > Is information publicly available about this and other PSF grants? I
    > don't see any announcement on the PSF web site or in the grants-discuss
    > mail list.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kent

    I know an announcement is to be made, but I can't tell you when to
    expect it. Certainly the intention is to be as open as possible about
    the grants process.

    hoping-i-haven't-jumped-the-gun-ly y'rs - steve
    Steve Holden, Dec 27, 2004
  9. Simon John a écrit :

    > jython just had a new

    and (thus) secret afaik