Jython / Java / C / C++ interoperability

Charity

Hi all,

I have a code base primarily written in Java. I would like to use
Jython to "use" this code base. Everything is wonderful because
Jython calls Java easily.

However, there may be a time when I would like to call C/C++ from
Jython. I can't do this directly, can I? Would I have to wrap the C/
C++ in Java to access from Jython? Or call Python which will call the
C/C++?

What method would be the easiest and most elegant solution for gaining
access to C/C++ functionality from Jython? Please keep in mind that I
have very little Jython experience.

Much thanks for any information!

Have a great day!

Charity