Jython run scripts problem (2.2.0a0 on Mac OSX 10.3.8)

scott

I installed darwinports and did a "sudo port install jython"

-------------------------

scott$ which jython
/opt/local/bin/jython

-------------------------

Jython works in interactive mode as shown below:

-------------------------

pyprogs$ cd hotbits/
hotbits$ ls
flips50.py jythoninstall.py randomX randomflip.py
hotbits$ jython
Jython 2.2a0 on java1.4.2_05 (JIT: null).... print 'tails'
.... else:
.... print 'heads'
tails

--------------------------

Jython *doesn't* work if I save the above as a script and try to run it.
It refuses to run the script and simply starts up in interactive mode:

---------------------------

hotbits$ jython randomflip.py
Jython 2.2a0 on java1.4.2_05 (JIT: null)
---------------------------

Question:
How can I run scripts as expected (outside interactive mode)?

Thanks in advance.

Diez B. Roggisch

scott said:
I installed darwinports and did a "sudo port install jython"

-------------------------

scott$ which jython
/opt/local/bin/jython

-------------------------

Jython works in interactive mode as shown below:

-------------------------

pyprogs$ cd hotbits/
hotbits$ ls
flips50.py jythoninstall.py randomX randomflip.py
hotbits$ jython
Jython 2.2a0 on java1.4.2_05 (JIT: null)
... print 'tails'
... else:
... print 'heads'
tails
[/QUOTE]

---------------------------

Question:
How can I run scripts as expected (outside interactive mode)?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Looks as if the jython shell script does not pass your scriptname as
argument to the interpreter class.

Mine (on linux) looks like this:

"/usr/lib/j2se/1.4/jre/bin/java" -Dpython.home="/home/deets/lib/jython-2.1"
-classpath "/home/deets/lib/jython-2.1/jython.jar:$CLASSPATH"
"org.python.util.jython" "$@"

Note the "$@" - that passes all additional arguments.