    down my learning but I also don't want to learn something that isn't
    100% accurate.

    Zach

    Zach, Mar 12, 2008

  2. Zach

    Default User Guest

    Zach wrote:

    > I am looking for a comprehensive list of errors in Kernighan &
    > Ritchie's "The C Programming Lanuage: 2nd Edition (ANSI C)"

    Best to go to the source:

    <http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/index.html>

    Brian

    Default User, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Default User wrote:
    > Zach wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a comprehensive list of errors in Kernighan &
    >> Ritchie's "The C Programming Lanuage: 2nd Edition (ANSI C)"

    > Best to go to the source:
    >
    > <http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/index.html>

    Just got my English copy of K&R2. Does anyone know if the above errata
    contain fixes regarding inconsistencies between "Appendix A: Reference
    manual" and the actual final ANSI C89/ISO C90 (or better, C95)?

    Thanks.

    Ioannis Vranos, Mar 20, 2008
  4. About the errata:

    "53(§2.12): The note under the table should say & as well as + - * has
    higher precedence as a unary operator."

    Can someone say what the entire note text under that table should be?

    Ioannis Vranos, Mar 20, 2008
  5. Zach

    user923005 Guest

    user923005, Mar 20, 2008
  6. Ioannis Vranos, Mar 20, 2008
  7. "Ioannis Vranos" <> wrote in message
    > About the errata:
    >
    > "53(§2.12): The note under the table should say & as well as + - * has
    > higher precedence as a unary operator."
    >

    > Can someone say what the entire note text under that table should be?

    Unaer haben +, -, * und & mehr Vorrang als binaer. ?

    --
    C. Gordon Liddy

    "Virile, vigorous, potent."

    c gordon liddy, Mar 20, 2008
  8. Zach

    user923005 Guest

    On Mar 20, 2:56 pm, Ioannis Vranos <>
    wrote:
    > user923005 wrote:
    > > On Mar 20, 2:25 pm, Ioannis Vranos <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> About the errata:

    > >> "53(§2.12): The note under the table should say & as well as + - * has
    > >> higher precedence as a unary operator."

    > >> Can someone say what the entire note text under that table should be?

    > >http://www.difranco.net/cop2220/op-prec.htm
    > > C++ operators included in this one:
    > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C++

    > None of these links answer my question.

    From that chart:
    Operator Description
    -------- -----------------
    & Address
    & Bitwise AND
    * Dereference
    * Multiplication
    + Unary plus
    + Addition
    ++ Postfix increment
    ++ Prefix increment
    - Unary minus
    - Subtraction
    -- Postfix decrement
    -- Prefix decrement

    As you know, these operators are the same symbols but have different
    meanings and precendence when used in the second sense.
    From the position on the chart in the link that I posted, you can tell
    which ones have higher precedence.

    user923005, Mar 21, 2008
  9. c gordon liddy wrote:
    > "Ioannis Vranos" <> wrote in message
    >> About the errata:
    >>
    >> "53(§2.12): The note under the table should say & as well as + - * has
    >> higher precedence as a unary operator."
    >>

    >> Can someone say what the entire note text under that table should be?

    > Unaer haben +, -, * und & mehr Vorrang als binaer. ?

    In english?

    Ioannis Vranos, Mar 21, 2008
  10. "Ioannis Vranos" <> wrote in message
    >c gordon liddy wrote:
    >> "Ioannis Vranos" <> wrote in message
    >>> About the errata:
    >>>
    >>> "53(§2.12): The note under the table should say & as well as + - * has
    >>> higher precedence as a unary operator."
    >>>

    >>> Can someone say what the entire note text under that table should be?

    >> Unaer haben +, -, * und & mehr Vorrang als binaer. ?

    > In english?

    Can't help you there.

    --
    C. Gordon Liddy

    "Virile, vigorous, potent."

    c gordon liddy, Mar 21, 2008
  11. Gia sou Ioanni,

    Ioannis Vranos wrote:

    > c gordon liddy wrote:

    >> Unaer haben +, -, * und & mehr Vorrang als binaer. ?

    > In english?

    I'll just translate the sentence of "c gordon liddy". I do not know if
    it is correct for the table, or if it makes sense at all. ;)

    "If used unary, the '+', '-', '*' and '&' have higher precendence than
    if used binary."

    HTH,
    Spiro.

    --
    Spiro R. Trikaliotis http://opencbm.sf.net/
    http://www.trikaliotis.net/ http://www.viceteam.org/

    Spiro Trikaliotis, Mar 24, 2008
  12. Zach

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    10
    Location:
    Central Florida
    By the way, the K&R is a great reference and learning book. I use it for teaching all of my C courses, intro and advanced. I also use it as a regular reference book.

    Errata is significant for experienced programmers, but since you describe that you are learning the language, I'd suggest concentrating first on the structure instead of the errata.

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com/
    http://mark.a.satterfield.googlepages.com/

    Last edited: Mar 26, 2008