KB # 840861 and 100% CPU utilization

Guest

I've got two webservers experiencing the problem described in Knowledge Base
article 840861. In addition to that we're experiencing an intermittent issue
where the aspnet_wp.exe process will start consuming 99% of the CPU resources
indefinitely. This basically brings the server down until we manually kill
the process via task manager. On recent occasions the process has restarted
and almost immediately started consuming 99% of CPU resources again.

Are these two issues related? If a .NET application is causing the CPU
resource problem, is there a way to isolate which application it is?

Is there any way to obtain the hotfix for this issue with out opening a $99
support ticket?