    /whateverfile.asp, line 2
    The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.

    Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

    Anon, Jun 27, 2006

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A1-C4EE-4ECA-8B80-7BD1DFEFB4F8&displaylang=en
    > on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
    > Javascript have stopped working with the following error
    >
    > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
    > Unknown scripting language
    > /whateverfile.asp, line 2
    > The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
    >
    > Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

    None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
    the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
    that occurred to me.

    Frankly, this sounds like a bug that should be addressed by MS PSS. You
    will not be charged for reporting a bug.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 27, 2006

  3. Anon

    Turkbear Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:56:29 -0400, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote:

    >Anon wrote:
    >> Since installing the security update
    >>

    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A1-C4EE-4ECA-8B80-7BD1DFEFB4F8&displaylang=en
    >> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
    >> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
    >>
    >> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
    >> Unknown scripting language
    >> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
    >> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

    >None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
    >the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
    >that occurred to me.
    >
    >Frankly, this sounds like a bug that should be addressed by MS PSS. You
    >will not be charged for reporting a bug.

    We use lots of JavaScript ( On both W2K and 2003 servers) and have seen no issues after applying that update..
    Perhaps something else was changed?
    Does the event viewer have any additional info on this?

    Turkbear, Jun 27, 2006
  4. Anon

    Anon Guest

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A1-C4EE-4ECA-8B80-7BD1DFEFB4F8&displaylang=en
    >> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
    >> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
    >>
    >> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
    >> Unknown scripting language
    >> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
    >> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
    >>
    >> Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

    > None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
    > the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
    > that occurred to me.

    Hi, thank you for the suggestion, we did try this, but get the same error

    Anon, Jun 27, 2006
  5. Anon

    Anon Guest

    >>> Since installing the security update
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A1-C4EE-4ECA-8B80-7BD1DFEFB4F8&displaylang=en
    >>> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
    >>> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
    >>> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
    >>> Unknown scripting language
    >>> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
    >>> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.

    > We use lots of JavaScript ( On both W2K and 2003 servers) and have seen no
    > issues after applying that update..
    > Perhaps something else was changed?
    > Does the event viewer have any additional info on this?

    No, definitely nothing else changed, and it's only affecting our Windows
    2000 servers. No info in the event log either

    Anon, Jun 27, 2006
  6. "Anon" <> wrote in message

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A1-C4EE-4ECA-8B80-7BD1DFEFB4F8&displaylang=en
    >>> on our Windows 2000 server (SP4) all ASP pages which utilise
    >>> Javascript have stopped working with the following error
    >>>
    >>> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0129'
    >>> Unknown scripting language
    >>> /whateverfile.asp, line 2
    >>> The scripting language 'JavaScript' is not found on the server.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas why, and how to fix it please?

    >> None, outside of changing "JavaScript" to "JScript" in the first line of
    >> the page. I don't know if that will help: it's just the first thought
    >> that occurred to me.
    >>

    > Hi, thank you for the suggestion, we did try this, but get the same error

    try to re-register.
    regsvr32 \windows\system32\jscript.dll

    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jun 28, 2006