KB928366 LOADS ON TOP OF .NET FRAMEWORK

Guest

When I checked in my add & remove programs I noticed .net framework &
KB928366 weren't installed properly.
Following Microsoft instructions from the help & support, I removed .net
framework 3 then .net framework 2 then .net framework 1.1 & all their updates
& then tried to install .net framework 1.1 but it stilled showed nil in add &
remove programs.
I then searched Google & found a cleaning tool to clean .net framework.
It removed all the .net framework files & I was able to install .net
framework 1.1.
As soon as I try to download the up date .net framework 1.1 sp1 (KB928366)
it tries to down load it on top of .net framework 1.1 .
The only prompt I get is do you want to install on top of .net framework 1.1.
I created a new folder in windows/ microsoft.Net/ Framework but can't seem
to download it in that folder
I am using windows XP home & office 2003 professional.