    Regards

    Tomas Palmquist
    Pointsec Mobile Technologies

    Tomas Palmquist, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Tomas Palmquist

    Jan Tielens Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/288x2
    Managing State in XML Web Services Created Using ASP.NET
    XML Web services have access to the same state management options as other
    ASP.NET applications when the class implementing the XML Web service derives
    from the WebService class. The WebService class contains many of the common
    ASP.NET objects, including the Session and Application objects.

    The Application object provides a mechanism for storing data that is
    accessible to all code running within the Web application, whereas the
    Session object allows data to be stored on a per-client session basis. If
    the client supports cookies, a cookie can identify the client session. Data
    stored in the Session object is available only when the EnableSession
    property of the WebMethod attribute is set to true for a class deriving from
    WebService. A class deriving from WebService automatically has access to the
    Application object.

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan
    > Is there a way of accessing the session object from within a

    soapextension?

    Jan Tielens, Feb 3, 2004