    but anything that stops the browser timing out would be good.

    Thanks

    Steve
    Steve W, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Steve..
    Maybe u should be able to use progress bar for this..
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Hi Steve,

    Thanks for your posting. Regarding on this issue, I've also found your
    another thread in this group. I've posted my reply there and I'd appreciate
    if you have a look there. Also, if you feel it convenient that we continue
    to discuss in that thread, please feel free to post there. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Dec 22, 2004
  4. Steve W

    Steve W Guest

    Steven,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Can you point me to other thread please - I'm sure where I should be
    looking.

    Thanks again,

    Steve

    Steve W, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Hi Steve,

    The other thread is in the same newsgroup and the title is also the same
    with this thread. OK, I've repasted my reply there in the bottom for your
    convenience. Thanks.

    Thanks for Bruce's informative inputs.

    Hi Steve,

    As Bruce have mentioned, the general meams is to let the long run task
    running at serverside( in a background thread ..) and the page response
    return as normal. Then, we contantly post back to poll the result from
    serverside. And here are some tech article discussing on such topic:

    #How to show progress in the client browser for a long-running ASP.NET page
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837375

    #DESIGN PATTERNS: Asynchronous Wait State Pattern in ASP.NET
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/12/designpatterns/default...
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterArticle/2003/08/asp200308bm_l/asp2...
    _l.asp

    Hope also helps.