Keeping activex out of postback?

John Scalco

Hi,
I have a form which contains an activex control (showing an image) and some
other web server controls.
If i pick one of the web server controls, for example, a button and click
it, then a postback occurs.

This results in the activex control window being cleared of the image which
was in there.
The problem is that my user may have made some changes to the image, say
cropped it, and those changes get wiped on the postback.

Is there a way to avoid this?

thanks,
sincerely,
john scalco

bruce barker

any postback will destroy and recreate the active/x control. you could
rewrite the control to cache the image on postback, and reload on the
postback render. if you can not change the control, put all the sever
control in an iframe, so the main frame never postbacks.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)