    Thanks

    Ben

    , Nov 15, 2006

  2. K A Nuttall Guest

    wrote:

    > I am very new to html and am currently messing about with a
    > geocities page which is at
    > www.geocities.com/simian_technology/coral
    >
    > For the links that I intend to put along the top HOMES /
    > INTERVIEWS / REVIEWS / LINKS
    > I don't want the colour of the link to be blue, I want the colour
    > to stay black and underlined whether its been clicked or
    > previously visited. Could somebody reply with some code on how to
    > do this. I know I am using geocities which is drag and drop, but I
    > am able to insert html code fairly easily.

    You need to define a style for the anchor tag, like this:

    a {
    color: black;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }

    This would live in an external stylesheet, or within style tags in the
    head of the page.

    If this only applies to a certain section of the page, you can apply
    the style in context, for example inside a div with id="content", like
    this:

    div#content a {

    Also, there's no indication that the link is really a link, other than
    the cursor's reaction. So creating a hover effect is helpful:

    a:hover {
    text-decoration: none;
    }

    ....would momentarily remove the underline when hovering over the link
    (not necessarily the best effect, it's up to you what you do).

    --
    K A Nuttall
    www.yammer.co.uk

    K A Nuttall, Nov 15, 2006

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I am very new to html and am currently messing about with a geocities
    > page which is at www.geocities.com/simian_technology/coral

    This is a CSS problem more than a HTML problem and is regularly
    discussed. Try searching for " :hover " (that colon is important).

    However to do this you need to use a CSS stylesheet, not just attach
    the settings to the style attribute on the HTML. You may have trouble
    doing this on a Geocities site.

    Andy Dingley, Nov 15, 2006