Keeping clicked links black

bnrcktts

Hello

I am very new to html and am currently messing about with a geocities
page which is at www.geocities.com/simian_technology/coral

For the links that I intend to put along the top HOMES / INTERVIEWS /
REVIEWS / LINKS
I don't want the colour of the link to be blue, I want the colour to
stay black and underlined whether its been clicked or previously
visited. Could somebody reply with some code on how to do this. I know
I am using geocities which is drag and drop, but I am able to insert
html code fairly easily.

Thanks

Ben

K A Nuttall

wrote:
I am very new to html and am currently messing about with a
geocities page which is at
www.geocities.com/simian_technology/coral

For the links that I intend to put along the top HOMES /
INTERVIEWS / REVIEWS / LINKS
I don't want the colour of the link to be blue, I want the colour
to stay black and underlined whether its been clicked or
previously visited. Could somebody reply with some code on how to
do this. I know I am using geocities which is drag and drop, but I
am able to insert html code fairly easily.

You need to define a style for the anchor tag, like this:

a {
color: black;
text-decoration: underline;
}

This would live in an external stylesheet, or within style tags in the
head of the page.

If this only applies to a certain section of the page, you can apply
the style in context, for example inside a div with id="content", like
this:

div#content a {

Also, there's no indication that the link is really a link, other than
the cursor's reaction. So creating a hover effect is helpful:

a:hover {
text-decoration: none;
}

....would momentarily remove the underline when hovering over the link
(not necessarily the best effect, it's up to you what you do).

Andy Dingley

Hello

I am very new to html and am currently messing about with a geocities
page which is at www.geocities.com/simian_technology/coral

This is a CSS problem more than a HTML problem and is regularly
discussed. Try searching for " :hover " (that colon is important).

However to do this you need to use a CSS stylesheet, not just attach
the settings to the style attribute on the HTML. You may have trouble
doing this on a Geocities site.