Keeping persistent layer (div with style) coordinates ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Guillaume, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Guillaume

    Guillaume Guest

    Hi all,

    I want to keep the coordinates of my rendered WebControls.Panel,
    because i wand to provide drag&drop fonctionnality.
    I thought that it was possible to let ASP.NET deal with the
    coordinates in the ViewState, i launch the PostBack on drag end event,
    the LoadPostData fires, but i cannot retrieve my coordinates in the
    postCollection[postDataKey] because it's null ?

    Is there something about the second argument of GetPostBackEvent
    function ?

    Or is it useless to implements IPostBackDataHandler for controls that
    are not input fields ? If yes, i have to put the coords in inputs
    hidden fields ? And then retrieve them in the Load ? If that's it, i
    don't understand very well the ViewState interest.

    Thanks in advance
    Guillaume, Aug 10, 2004