kernel hangs after "UNCOMPRESSING KERNEL OK BOOTING KERNEL"

yogesh

I have compiled kernel 2.4.18 .
I have followed the following sequence ...
as
make mrproper
make xconfig
make dep
make
make modules
make modules_install
then copied system.map and bzimage to boot directory..

after this I reboot system with kernel 2.4.18

the system gets hangs after
UNCOMPRESSING KERNEL OK BOOTING KERNEL.

can anyone tell me what should i do to boot kernel properly...

Mark McIntyre

I have compiled kernel 2.4.18 .

Unfortunately your question isn't anything to do with C. It sounds
like a problem building linux, perhaps a linux group would be more
appropriate.

Jack Klein

I have compiled kernel 2.4.18 .
I have followed the following sequence ...
as
make mrproper
make xconfig
make dep
make
make modules
make modules_install
then copied system.map and bzimage to boot directory..

after this I reboot system with kernel 2.4.18

the system gets hangs after
UNCOMPRESSING KERNEL OK BOOTING KERNEL.

can anyone tell me what should i do to boot kernel properly...

There isn't a question about the C programming language in your post.
There are a lot of groups in the family. Perhaps
you should ask for help there.

Kenny McCormack

Jack Klein said:
There isn't a question about the C programming language in your post.
There are a lot of groups in the family. Perhaps
you should ask for help there.

I.e.:

Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.