kernel hangs after "UNCOMPRESSING KERNEL OK BOOTING KERNEL"

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by yogesh, Feb 11, 2006.

  1. yogesh

    yogesh Guest

    I have compiled kernel 2.4.18 .
    I have followed the following sequence ...
    as
    make mrproper
    make xconfig
    make dep
    make
    make modules
    make modules_install
    then copied system.map and bzimage to boot directory..

    after this I reboot system with kernel 2.4.18

    the system gets hangs after
    UNCOMPRESSING KERNEL OK BOOTING KERNEL.

    can anyone tell me what should i do to boot kernel properly...

    yogesh, Feb 11, 2006

  2. On 11 Feb 2006 09:23:35 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "yogesh"
    <> wrote:

    >I have compiled kernel 2.4.18 .

    Unfortunately your question isn't anything to do with C. It sounds
    like a problem building linux, perhaps a linux group would be more
    appropriate.

    Mark McIntyre, Feb 11, 2006

  3. yogesh

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 11 Feb 2006 09:23:35 -0800, "yogesh" <>
    wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > I have compiled kernel 2.4.18 .
    > I have followed the following sequence ...
    > as
    > make mrproper
    > make xconfig
    > make dep
    > make
    > make modules
    > make modules_install
    > then copied system.map and bzimage to boot directory..
    >
    > after this I reboot system with kernel 2.4.18
    >
    > the system gets hangs after
    > UNCOMPRESSING KERNEL OK BOOTING KERNEL.
    >
    > can anyone tell me what should i do to boot kernel properly...

    There isn't a question about the C programming language in your post.
    There are a lot of groups in the news:comp.os.linux.* family. Perhaps
    you should ask for help there.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Feb 12, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    Jack Klein <> wrote:
    >There isn't a question about the C programming language in your post.
    >There are a lot of groups in the news:comp.os.linux.* family. Perhaps
    >you should ask for help there.

    I.e.:

    Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Kenny McCormack, Feb 12, 2006