    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Arun

    Arun, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Arun

    Howard Guest

    "Arun" <> wrote in message
    news:e8j8v8$2ve$...
    > Hello Experts,
    >
    > I have an asm routine which uses privileged instructions like in, out,
    > cli, etc., I need to execute this as a Win32 application under VC++.
    > Since the instructions are privileged, I can't execute the same under User
    > mode as a normal Win32 application, so I have to execute this routine in
    > kernel mode.
    >
    > One solution is to encapsulte the routine as a Device driver for Windows &
    > call the same from the application, but, I am looking out for a easy
    > solution. Please help...

    The easiest solution will be to ask someone in a newsgroup where they know
    what the heck you're talking about! :) Try one of the newsgroups on the
    news.microsoft.com server. Platform-specific questions are off-topic here.

    -Howard

    Howard, Jul 6, 2006

  3. Arun

    BigBrian Guest

    Arun wrote:
    > Hello Experts,
    >
    > I have an asm routine which uses privileged instructions like in, out,
    > cli, etc., I need to execute this as a Win32 application under VC++.
    > Since the instructions are privileged, I can't execute the same under User
    > mode as a normal Win32 application, so I have to execute this routine in
    > kernel mode.
    >
    > One solution is to encapsulte the routine as a Device driver for Windows &
    > call the same from the application, but, I am looking out for a easy
    > solution. Please help...
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Arun

    This is off topic in this newsgroup. Here, we discuss the standard c++
    language. Anything that is platform specific is off topic. You do
    realize that your question is about the windows operating system and
    not the C++ language.

    BigBrian, Jul 6, 2006
  4. Arun

    mlimber Guest

    Arun wrote:
    > I have an asm routine which uses privileged instructions like in, out,
    > cli, etc., I need to execute this as a Win32 application under VC++.
    > Since the instructions are privileged, I can't execute the same under User
    > mode as a normal Win32 application, so I have to execute this routine in
    > kernel mode.
    >
    > One solution is to encapsulte the routine as a Device driver for Windows &
    > call the same from the application, but, I am looking out for a easy
    > solution. Please help...

    Please ask in a more apprpriate newsgroup. This one is for discussing
    the C++ language proper, not various platforms that support it. See
    this FAQ for what is on-topic here and for a list of other places you
    might consider asking:

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Jul 6, 2006