Key events won't fire correctly

Discussion in 'Java' started by fix, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. fix

    fix Guest

    Hi all,
    If I press the Up arrow and hold,
    then the Down arrow and release,
    when the Up arrow is still on hold,
    the keyPress event for the Up arrow won't fire anymore.
    (Up pressed)
    keyPress, Up
    KeyPress, Up
    (Down pressed)
    KeyPress, Down
    KeyPress, Down
    (Down released)
    Key Release, Down
    Key Release, Up
    (Up released)
    Key Release, Up
    I guess this is not a problem of Java, but my OS - Windows,
    but is there any workarounds?
    Instead of waiting the events to be fired, is there any function that I
    can call to check what keys are down and what are not?
    Thanks,
    fix

    fix, Nov 21, 2003