    generated from within a datagrid and it is not straightforward to assign
    them each a tab stop. But the real question is why doesn't the default
    tab/enter functionality work?
    JV, Jun 20, 2005

  2. JV

    JV Guest

    Actually I figured out that the tab problem was caused by not setting the
    NavigateUrl (href) attribute -- these controls have javascript attached to
    the OnClick event.

    What really concerns me is why the ENTER key does not act like a click when
    the hyperlink has focus. It appears (so far) that if the "href" property
    contains javascript rather than a static URL, then the ENTER key stops
    working. I can't think of a reason this would be done intentionally, it's
    more likely a bug.

    JV, Jun 20, 2005

  3. What's the problem in assigning TabIndex? In PreRender event loop through

    "JV" <> wrote in message
    > I have an ASP.NET web page where IE keyboard navigation does not appear to
    > work as it should. Normally you can tab through hyperlinks on a web page,
    > and press <ENTER> to activate the current hyperlink. On my page, you

    cannot

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 20, 2005
  4. JV

    JV Guest

    For the record, I was right and I was wrong. It was a bug, but it wasn't an
    IE bug. It turns out that the guys who originally wrote this code had some
    javascript code that disabled the ENTER key (what a brilliant idea). I just
    found it and got rid of it.
    JV, Jun 20, 2005