keypress event in Javascript on Office Live Communicator Custom Tab

centur

Hello.
I created simple asp.net application to search message history over
Office Live Communicator conversations.

I complete quite all job but stick with one thing - I have autosuggest
box (using async callback request aka XmlHttp in other browsers)
implemented on my custom tab ( read: on my asp.net page, which added to
communicator tabs) - it's very usefull during search for communicator
users. I added javascript event handlers on keypress and want navigate
through suggestions with arrows - next and previous suggestion etc... I
complete all code testing in common IE window - all work perfect. But
when I tried to complete all tests in communicator tab - all my keyup
events fire 3 times, instead once (and my suggest selector leap over 2
suggestion itemes =( )
window.event.cancelBubble=true didnt helped either....

Does anyone know how to suppress redundant events or at least why they
fired in embedded window (I think this is because a tab - maybe one
event from comm window itself, one from tab and one is from embedded
area of browser object) and how to differentiate each event from the
others

I tried to check typeof event and nodeName, but it's all the same -
it's keyup event and nodeName - my Div where I handle to this
messages..

PS As I understand - the embedded window is kind of IE window - thus I
can utilize only IE or cross-platform solutions

williams.alex

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have a custom tab in Office
Communicator 2005, written using Google Web Toolkit. My app also works
fine in IE, but I am also getting the keypress events 3 times when
inside the custom tab.

My custom page also uses the presence ActiveX control "Name.NameCtrl",
to popup a presence menu when I click an element. Again, this works in
IE but not in the custom tab - it appears and then immediately
disappears. It should remain visible until I click somewhere else on
the window.

Thanks,
Alex