    Does anyone know of a way to count keystrokes client side? My users want to
    know how many characters they've typed into a textbox. Picky, picky, picky!

    Thanks, Herb
    Herb Stull, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Herb Stull

    Marina Guest

    I would recommend just checking the number of characters in the textbox, as
    opposed to counting what they type as they go along, if all you need to know
    are the number of characters.

    Marina, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Hi

    document.forms["FORMNAME"].FIELDNAME.value.length

    --
    Best Regards
    Vidar Petursson

    Vidar Petursson, Oct 17, 2003
  4. Herb Stull

    Jerry III Guest

    Even better: document.forms["formname"].elements["fieldname"].value.length

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Herb Stull

    Will T Guest

    Can the object referenced in
    >> document.forms["FORMNAME"].FIELDNAME.value.length

    be an "<asp:TextBox..."?

    I seem to only be able to reference HTML objects.

    Thanks

    Will T, Oct 22, 2003