    the SimpleXMLRPCServer, the xmlrpclib.ServerProxy, or something
    completely different?

    , Mar 19, 2007

  2. wrote:

    > I've just noticed that I can't seem to use keyword arguments for
    > xml-rpc requests even though the protocol itself encodes parameter
    > names, types, and values when it sends the xml across the network.
    > This becomes a bit problematic for me because I want to store some XML-
    > RPC method dispatch signatures in a database and can't easily
    > guarantee parameter order when I load it so being able to pass a
    > dictionary of name/value pairs greatly eases the development effort
    > and helps assure correct methods get invoked. Is this a limitation of
    > the SimpleXMLRPCServer, the xmlrpclib.ServerProxy, or something
    > completely different?

    I don't see[1] the possibility to pass keyword arguments via XMLRPC. Where
    did you get that impression from? You can pass structs though, maybe that
    confused you?

    Diez

    [1] http://www.xmlrpc.com/spec

    Diez B. Roggisch, Mar 19, 2007

    Diez,

    Yes thanx - that (structs) is indeed where my confusion lies... :)
    Alas, ordered parameters it is.

    On Mar 19, 5:44 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > I don't see[1] the possibility to pass keyword arguments via XMLRPC. Where
    > did you get that impression from? You can pass structs though, maybe that
    > confused you?
    >
    > Diez
    >
    > [1]http://www.xmlrpc.com/spec

    , Mar 19, 2007