Keyword not supported

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carl, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Carl

    Carl Guest

    Hi,

    I have an ASP app that queries MS Indexing Service.

    Below is my code.

    #############################
    Imports System
    Imports System.Data.SqlClient

    Dim strCatalog As String

    ' Catalog Name
    strCatalog = "Test"

    Dim connString As String
    = "Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security .='';Data
    Source='" & strCatalog & "'"

    Dim conn As New SqlConnection(connString)
    conn.Open()
    ################################

    When I try to open the connection I get the message
    "Exception Details: System.ArgumentException:
    Keyword not supported: 'provider'."

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    tnx
    carl

    Carl, Aug 1, 2003

  2. I have not used ado.net to access MS Indexing Service but my guess would be
    that you should probably use the OLEDb namespace. When you use the
    SqlClient namespace it implies sql server so a provider is not necessary.
    Do something like:

    Imports System
    Imports System.Data.OleDb

    Dim strCatalog As String

    ' Catalog Name
    strCatalog = "Test"

    Dim connString As String = "Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security
    ..='';Data Source='" & strCatalog & "'"

    Dim conn As New OleDbConnection(connString)
    conn.Open()

    --
    Kevin Cunningham
    Software Architects, Inc.