Keywords...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Floyd Baker, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Floyd Baker

    Floyd Baker Guest

    Hi... My editor is truncating meta name keywords at 255 characters...

    I need more, so I'd like to eliminate the need to replace the full
    Keyword list every time I publish. They show up online ok but I have
    to reinstall them each time I publish or many words get cut.

    Will two individual 'keyword' lines be seen and recorded properly by
    search engines?

    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="A_word, B_word, C)word,">
    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="X_word, Y_word, Z_word">

    Is there anything special to know? Like keeping a comma after the
    last word of the first group.., and none after the last word of the
    last group?

    Many thanks..

    Floyd

    Argentine Tango - Buffalo Tango - Sun Tango
    * * * * * www.buffalotango.com * * * * *
    Floyd Baker, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Floyd Baker

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Floyd Baker wrote:

    > Will two individual 'keyword' lines be seen and recorded properly by
    > search engines?

    Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the keywords
    META element as they do to what colour underwear you're wearing.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Floyd Baker

    richard Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Floyd Baker wrote:
    >
    >> Will two individual 'keyword' lines be seen and recorded properly by
    >> search engines?

    > Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the keywords
    > META element as they do to what colour underwear you're wearing.

    Damn. No wonder I'm not getting anywhere. I don't wear any.
    richard, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Floyd Baker

    Floyd Baker Guest

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:24:23 +0100, Toby Inkster
    <> wrote:

    >Floyd Baker wrote:
    >
    >> Will two individual 'keyword' lines be seen and recorded properly by
    >> search engines?

    >Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the keywords
    >META element as they do to what colour underwear you're wearing.

    Does that mean you don't know the answer?

    Floyd Baker, Sep 30, 2006
  5. Scripsit Floyd Baker:

    >>> Will two individual 'keyword' lines be seen and recorded properly by
    >>> search engines?

    >> Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the
    >> keywords META element as they do to what colour underwear you're
    >> wearing.

    > Does that mean you don't know the answer?

    Your new question indicates that you didn't understand the answer to the
    first one. So don't be surprised if people don't bother answering your
    further questions.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 30, 2006
  6. Floyd Baker

    Floyd Baker Guest

    On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:37:32 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"
    <> wrote:

    >Scripsit Floyd Baker:

    >>> Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the
    >>> keywords META element as they do to what colour underwear you're
    >>> wearing.

    >> Does that mean you don't know the answer?

    >Your new question indicates that you didn't understand the answer to the
    >first one. So don't be surprised if people don't bother answering your
    >further questions.

    I guess no one understood MY original question...

    It was not asking if people thought it was *worth* it.

    If people don't know a particular answer to a particular question,
    they really shouldn't answer, eh? An 'opinion' might have gone like
    this...? "Yes but... (or "No, but...) who cares...?".

    Never mind...

    Floyd Baker, Sep 30, 2006
  7. Floyd Baker wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:37:32 +0300, "Jukka K. Korpela"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Scripsit Floyd Baker:

    >>> Does that mean you don't know the answer?

    >> Your new question indicates that you didn't understand the answer to the
    >> first one. So don't be surprised if people don't bother answering your
    >> further questions.

    > I guess no one understood MY original question...
    >
    > It was not asking if people thought it was *worth* it.

    The answer is that search engines will ignore two of them just as
    completely as they ignore one of them.
    Harlan Messinger, Sep 30, 2006