Keywords...

Floyd Baker

Hi... My editor is truncating meta name keywords at 255 characters...

I need more, so I'd like to eliminate the need to replace the full
Keyword list every time I publish. They show up online ok but I have
to reinstall them each time I publish or many words get cut.

Will two individual 'keyword' lines be seen and recorded properly by
search engines?

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="A_word, B_word, C)word,">
<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="X_word, Y_word, Z_word">

Is there anything special to know? Like keeping a comma after the
last word of the first group.., and none after the last word of the
last group?

Many thanks..

Floyd

Argentine Tango - Buffalo Tango - Sun Tango
* * * * * www.buffalotango.com * * * * *

Toby Inkster

Floyd said:
Will two individual 'keyword' lines be seen and recorded properly by
search engines?

Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the keywords
META element as they do to what colour underwear you're wearing.

richard

Toby Inkster said:
Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the keywords
META element as they do to what colour underwear you're wearing.

Damn. No wonder I'm not getting anywhere. I don't wear any.

Floyd Baker

Who cares?! Search engines pay about as much attention to the keywords
META element as they do to what colour underwear you're wearing.

Does that mean you don't know the answer?

Floyd

Argentine Tango - Buffalo Tango - Sun Tango
* * * * * www.buffalotango.com * * * * *

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Floyd Baker:
Does that mean you don't know the answer?

Your new question indicates that you didn't understand the answer to the
first one. So don't be surprised if people don't bother answering your
further questions.

Floyd Baker

Scripsit Floyd Baker:

Your new question indicates that you didn't understand the answer to the
first one. So don't be surprised if people don't bother answering your
further questions.

I guess no one understood MY original question...

It was not asking if people thought it was *worth* it.

If people don't know a particular answer to a particular question,
they really shouldn't answer, eh? An 'opinion' might have gone like
this...? "Yes but... (or "No, but...) who cares...?".

Never mind...

Floyd

Argentine Tango - Buffalo Tango - Sun Tango
* * * * * www.buffalotango.com * * * * *

Harlan Messinger

Floyd said:
I guess no one understood MY original question...

It was not asking if people thought it was *worth* it.

The answer is that search engines will ignore two of them just as
completely as they ignore one of them.