kicking a list to visible into IE

windandwaves

Hi Gurus

Please visit www.sunnysideup.co.nz/p.php?p=1

It is my draft website...

It validates and the stylesheet also validates, yes it is a little quircky
in some places.

If you look at it with the latest version of IE and the lastest version of
Windows then you will find that not all the items in the list display
properly.

Then, once I move my mouse over it then they show up and from then on they
are visible. However, if I reload the page then they disappear again.

What is this all about?

Also, i noticed a border on the right hand side when I look at it with
firefox. This border goes over the edge of the 100% - meaning that there is
a horizontal scrollbar. I do not want it.

Can you help?

Thank you

Nicolaas

Els

windandwaves said:

Hi Nicolaas ;-)
Please visit www.sunnysideup.co.nz/p.php?p=1

It is my draft website...

It validates and the stylesheet also validates, yes it is a little quircky
in some places.

If you look at it with the latest version of IE and the lastest version of
Windows then you will find that not all the items in the list display
properly.

Then, once I move my mouse over it then they show up and from then on they
are visible. However, if I reload the page then they disappear again.

What is this all about?

It's called the peek-a-boo bug.
Also, i noticed a border on the right hand side when I look at it with
firefox. This border goes over the edge of the 100% - meaning that there is
a horizontal scrollbar. I do not want it.

I don't want it either :)
Can you help?

Not sure. I notice that if you change the margin for the body from 0px
to 5px or higher (or auto), the scrollbar goes away, but I haven't
figured out yet why that is the case. My guess is that somewhere
you've added up some widths wrongly.