kicking a list to visible into IE

Discussion in 'HTML' started by windandwaves, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Hi Gurus

    Please visit www.sunnysideup.co.nz/p.php?p=1

    It is my draft website...

    It validates and the stylesheet also validates, yes it is a little quircky
    in some places.

    If you look at it with the latest version of IE and the lastest version of
    Windows then you will find that not all the items in the list display
    properly.

    Then, once I move my mouse over it then they show up and from then on they
    are visible. However, if I reload the page then they disappear again.

    What is this all about?

    Also, i noticed a border on the right hand side when I look at it with
    firefox. This border goes over the edge of the 100% - meaning that there is
    a horizontal scrollbar. I do not want it.

    Can you help?

    Thank you

    Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Aug 2, 2005

  2. windandwaves

    Els Guest

    windandwaves wrote:

    > Hi Gurus

    Hi Nicolaas ;-)

    > Please visit www.sunnysideup.co.nz/p.php?p=1
    >
    > It is my draft website...
    >
    > It validates and the stylesheet also validates, yes it is a little quircky
    > in some places.
    >
    > If you look at it with the latest version of IE and the lastest version of
    > Windows then you will find that not all the items in the list display
    > properly.
    >
    > Then, once I move my mouse over it then they show up and from then on they
    > are visible. However, if I reload the page then they disappear again.
    >
    > What is this all about?

    It's called the peek-a-boo bug.

    > Also, i noticed a border on the right hand side when I look at it with
    > firefox. This border goes over the edge of the 100% - meaning that there is
    > a horizontal scrollbar. I do not want it.

    I don't want it either :)

    > Can you help?

    Not sure. I notice that if you change the margin for the body from 0px
    to 5px or higher (or auto), the scrollbar goes away, but I haven't
    figured out yet why that is the case. My guess is that somewhere
    you've added up some widths wrongly.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 2, 2005

  3. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    > windandwaves wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Gurus

    > Hi Nicolaas ;-)
    >
    > > Please visit www.sunnysideup.co.nz/p.php?p=1
    > >
    > > It is my draft website...
    > >
    > > It validates and the stylesheet also validates, yes it is a little

    quircky
    > > in some places.
    > >
    > > If you look at it with the latest version of IE and the lastest version

    of
    > > Windows then you will find that not all the items in the list display
    > > properly.
    > >
    > > Then, once I move my mouse over it then they show up and from then on

    they
    > > are visible. However, if I reload the page then they disappear again.
    > >
    > > What is this all about?

    > It's called the peek-a-boo bug.

    Any idea of how the peek-a-boo bug can be fixed?

    windandwaves, Aug 5, 2005
  4. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    "windandwaves" <> wrote in message

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    > > windandwaves wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi Gurus

    > > Hi Nicolaas ;-)
    > >
    > > > Please visit www.sunnysideup.co.nz/p.php?p=1
    > > >
    > > > It is my draft website...
    > > >
    > > > It validates and the stylesheet also validates, yes it is a little

    > quircky
    > > > in some places.
    > > >
    > > > If you look at it with the latest version of IE and the lastest

    version
    > of
    > > > Windows then you will find that not all the items in the list display
    > > > properly.
    > > >
    > > > Then, once I move my mouse over it then they show up and from then on

    > they
    > > > are visible. However, if I reload the page then they disappear again.
    > > >
    > > > What is this all about?

    > > It's called the peek-a-boo bug.

    > Any idea of how the peek-a-boo bug can be fixed?

    Found it!

    http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/peekaboo.html

    what a bug

    windandwaves, Aug 5, 2005