Killer HTML beginners guide...highly recommend

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

tarverlee said:
My Dad just sent this to me today and I think It might help out a lot.
I've been learning HTML and htis would have made things a lot easier.

download below

hxxp://www.box.net/public/0yndmr9opc

Stay away. This page has dozens of dubious scripts. Nothing happens if
JavaScript is disabled, though, except a button to download a 636KB
file.

tarverlee

Beauregard said:
Stay away. This page has dozens of dubious scripts. Nothing happens if
JavaScript is disabled, though, except a button to download a 636KB
file.

Suit yourself. There is nothing wrong with this download at all. Just
trying to help out. Box.net is online storage and that is where the
file is located.

PeterMcC

tarverlee wrote in
Suit yourself. There is nothing wrong with this download at all. Just
trying to help out. Box.net is online storage and that is where the
file is located.

Frames, tables for layout, deprecated mark-up, emphasis by changing font
styles rather than em or strong, "files...should have htm extensions", page
template with no doctype, and more than I can be bothered to list...

"I've been learning HTML and htis would have made things a lot easier."

Easier, maybe - but certainly not better.

Significantly better information available on the net.

freemont

By the way here is a link to the actual site for the file.

http://www.mantex.co.uk/samples/ebooks.htm

"If you are not sure about downloading or dealing with .exe files

What to do with .exe files

Give them a try. You've nothing to lose."

lol... Then the advice on this page:

http://www.mantex.co.uk/samples/down-exe.htm

is priceless!

<quote>
1. These .exe files are information which has been compressed to take up
less space.

2. They can also be downloaded and extracted without the unzipping
process.

3. The really good news is - they unzip themselves!

9. If a dialogue box pops up and asks -

'Create directory C:\FOLDER ?'

- you should say 'Yes'.

13. Remember - you can delete it all later if you wish.
</quote>

Sure, go'head and run all them .exe files!!1! You've nothing to lose!!11

Unbelievable. This crap obviously hasn't been updated in years. I wouldn't
trust anything on this site. My ten-year-old has better sense than this. :-\

tarverlee

I really appreciate your input on this minute subject. I did notice,
most took a significant amount of time to review the file. Some of
which read the whole book. So therefore, mission accomplished.

Jonathan N. Little

tarverlee said:
I really appreciate your input on this minute subject. I did notice,
most took a significant amount of time to review the file. Some of
which read the whole book. So therefore, mission accomplished.
Right, SPAM!

PeterMcC

Jonathan N. Little wrote in
Right, SPAM!

Or sour grapes.

Neat twist though - posting here so that everyone will say how useless the
product is. They're always up to new tricks aren't they?

Jonathan N. Little

PeterMcC said:
Jonathan N. Little wrote in

Or sour grapes.

How so?
Neat twist though - posting here so that everyone will say how useless the
product is. They're always up to new tricks aren't they?

Yeah, pretty clever, unfortunately several apply this method. Not sure
how successful the sale is in this group, hopefully not at all.

PeterMcC

Jonathan N. Little wrote in
How so?

Yeah, pretty clever, unfortunately several apply this method. Not sure
how successful the sale is in this group, hopefully not at all.

Forgot the styling:

product is."</irony>

:(