    I've been learning HTML and htis would have made things a lot easier.

    download below

    http://www.box.net/public/0yndmr9opc
    tarverlee, Jul 31, 2006

  2. tarverlee wrote:

    > My Dad just sent this to me today and I think It might help out a lot.
    > I've been learning HTML and htis would have made things a lot easier.
    >
    > download below
    >
    > hxxp://www.box.net/public/0yndmr9opc

    Stay away. This page has dozens of dubious scripts. Nothing happens if
    JavaScript is disabled, though, except a button to download a 636KB
    file.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2006

  3. tarverlee

    tarverlee Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > tarverlee wrote:
    >
    > > My Dad just sent this to me today and I think It might help out a lot.
    > > I've been learning HTML and htis would have made things a lot easier.
    > >
    > > download below
    > >
    > > hxxp://www.box.net/public/0yndmr9opc

    > Stay away. This page has dozens of dubious scripts. Nothing happens if
    > JavaScript is disabled, though, except a button to download a 636KB
    > file.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Suit yourself. There is nothing wrong with this download at all. Just
    trying to help out. Box.net is online storage and that is where the
    file is located.
    tarverlee, Jul 31, 2006
  4. tarverlee

    tarverlee Guest

    tarverlee, Jul 31, 2006
  5. tarverlee

    PeterMcC Guest

    tarverlee wrote in
    <>

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> tarverlee wrote:
    >>
    >>> My Dad just sent this to me today and I think It might help out a
    >>> lot. I've been learning HTML and htis would have made things a lot
    >>> easier.
    >>>
    >>> download below
    >>>
    >>> hxxp://www.box.net/public/0yndmr9opc

    >> Stay away. This page has dozens of dubious scripts. Nothing happens
    >> if JavaScript is disabled, though, except a button to download a
    >> 636KB file.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    > Suit yourself. There is nothing wrong with this download at all. Just
    > trying to help out. Box.net is online storage and that is where the
    > file is located.

    Frames, tables for layout, deprecated mark-up, emphasis by changing font
    styles rather than em or strong, "files...should have htm extensions", page
    template with no doctype, and more than I can be bothered to list...

    "I've been learning HTML and htis would have made things a lot easier."

    Easier, maybe - but certainly not better.

    Significantly better information available on the net.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Jul 31, 2006
  6. On 2006-07-31, tarverlee wrote:
    > By the way here is a link to the actual site for the file.
    >
    > http://www.mantex.co.uk/samples/ebooks.htm

    Which has links to .exe files which sensible Windows users will not
    download, and which people with other systems cannot use.

    If the books are genuine and free, why not make them available in
    HTML?

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jul 31, 2006
  7. tarverlee

    freemont Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:11:39 -0700, tarverlee wrote:

    > By the way here is a link to the actual site for the file.
    >
    > http://www.mantex.co.uk/samples/ebooks.htm

    "If you are not sure about downloading or dealing with .exe files

    What to do with .exe files

    Give them a try. You've nothing to lose."

    lol... Then the advice on this page:

    http://www.mantex.co.uk/samples/down-exe.htm

    is priceless!

    <quote>
    1. These .exe files are information which has been compressed to take up
    less space.

    2. They can also be downloaded and extracted without the unzipping
    process.

    3. The really good news is - they unzip themselves!

    9. If a dialogue box pops up and asks -

    'Create directory C:\FOLDER ?'

    - you should say 'Yes'.

    13. Remember - you can delete it all later if you wish.
    </quote>

    Sure, go'head and run all them .exe files!!1! You've nothing to lose!!11

    Unbelievable. This crap obviously hasn't been updated in years. I wouldn't
    trust anything on this site. My ten-year-old has better sense than this. :-\

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
    freemont, Jul 31, 2006
  8. tarverlee

    tarverlee Guest

    I really appreciate your input on this minute subject. I did notice,
    most took a significant amount of time to review the file. Some of
    which read the whole book. So therefore, mission accomplished.
    tarverlee, Jul 31, 2006
  9. tarverlee wrote:
    > I really appreciate your input on this minute subject. I did notice,
    > most took a significant amount of time to review the file. Some of
    > which read the whole book. So therefore, mission accomplished.

    Right, SPAM!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 1, 2006
  10. tarverlee

    PeterMcC Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote in
    <7f9ab$44ceb13c$40cba7b5$>

    > tarverlee wrote:
    >> I really appreciate your input on this minute subject. I did notice,
    >> most took a significant amount of time to review the file. Some of
    >> which read the whole book. So therefore, mission accomplished.
    >>

    > Right, SPAM!

    Or sour grapes.

    Neat twist though - posting here so that everyone will say how useless the
    product is. They're always up to new tricks aren't they?

    PeterMcC, Aug 1, 2006
  11. PeterMcC wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote in
    > <7f9ab$44ceb13c$40cba7b5$>
    >
    >> tarverlee wrote:
    >>> I really appreciate your input on this minute subject. I did notice,
    >>> most took a significant amount of time to review the file. Some of
    >>> which read the whole book. So therefore, mission accomplished.
    >>>

    >> Right, SPAM!

    > Or sour grapes.

    How so?

    > Neat twist though - posting here so that everyone will say how useless the
    > product is. They're always up to new tricks aren't they?

    Yeah, pretty clever, unfortunately several apply this method. Not sure
    how successful the sale is in this group, hopefully not at all.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 1, 2006
  12. tarverlee

    PeterMcC Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote in
    <a8e76$44cf8b5f$40cba7a7$>

    > PeterMcC wrote:
    >> Jonathan N. Little wrote in
    >> <7f9ab$44ceb13c$40cba7b5$>

    >>> Right, SPAM!

    >> Or sour grapes.

    > How so?
    >

    >> Neat twist though - posting here so that everyone will say how
    >> useless the product is. They're always up to new tricks aren't they?
    >>

    > Yeah, pretty clever, unfortunately several apply this method. Not sure
    > how successful the sale is in this group, hopefully not at all.

    Forgot the styling:

    product is."</irony>

    :(

    PeterMcC, Aug 1, 2006