Killfile - what they had in mind

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by norfernuman, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. norfernuman

    norfernuman Guest

    Ahh... to open c.l.p.m with no Puke gurl stupidity showing up.
    A quick glance at the filter log shows it's time to scrub that bowl!
    Yea baby, scrubbing bubbles!

    This is what the framers (mozilla developers) had in mind when the
    penned the declaration of independence from intrusive, manipulative
    yuck. You gotta' love those folks.

    Hmmm... Perl stuff to check out.

    - Good day!

    - NN
     
    norfernuman, Jun 25, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. norfernuman

    Rocco Caputo Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:06:11 GMT, norfernuman wrote:
    > Ahh... to open c.l.p.m with no Puke gurl stupidity showing up.
    > A quick glance at the filter log shows it's time to scrub that bowl!
    > Yea baby, scrubbing bubbles!
    >
    > This is what the framers (mozilla developers) had in mind when the
    > penned the declaration of independence from intrusive, manipulative
    > yuck. You gotta' love those folks.
    >
    > Hmmm... Perl stuff to check out.
    >
    > - Good day!


    By the holy claws of Klortho, it is indeed a FINE day!

    For our slrn-lovin' friends, I give you this incantation for your scores
    files. It'll kill purlgurl's posts with extreme prejudice, and it'll
    take out all the responses to her. Which is good, because they're all
    JUST AS ANNOYING and EQUALLY OFF TOPIC. Damn. Get a room already.

    Anyway, here you go. ESC-1-K will open your scores file. Share and
    enjoy!

    [*.perl*]
    Score:: -9999
    From: purlgurl\.net
    Score:: -9999
    References: purlgurl\.net

    Also, please do not visit the site in my signature, or I will be forced
    to file a restraining order against your web browser. :D

    --
    Rocco Caputo - http://poe.perl.org/
     
    Rocco Caputo, Jun 26, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. norfernuman

    Robert Guest

    "Purl Gurl" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Rocco Caputo wrote:
    >

    <snip...>
    >This does suggest, but does not prove, perl dot org
    > is associated with internet crime. However, it is
    > documented one-hundred percent of crimes being
    > committed against our family originate from the
    > Perl Community. Perl dot org is a long standing
    > part of the Perl Community, since 1995.
    >
    > Is disconcerting to learn of a possible link
    > between perl dot org and crime.
    >

    <snip...>
    > I would like to believe perl dot org is not associated
    > with internet crime, but I am skeptical; perl dot org
    > has no control over its community members.


    Are you freaking out of your mind?

    ~z~
     
    Robert, Jun 26, 2004
    #3
  4. norfernuman

    John Bokma Guest

    John Bokma, Jun 26, 2004
    #4
  5. norfernuman

    Jacob Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:46:45 -0700, a posting issued forth from Purl Gurl...
    > Robert ignorantly trolled:
    >
    >> Purl Gurl wrote:
    >> > Rocco Caputo ignorantly trolled:

    >
    > (snipped)
    >
    >> Are you freaking out of your mind?

    >
    >
    > It is ok for a well known representative of perl dot org
    > to previously post vile insults, and currently post vile
    > insults, both directed at me.
    >


    I saw no vile insult. Just the suggestion that you are frequently
    off-topic.

    > It is not ok for me to respond with a factually based
    > logical opinion free of any insults, in a firm but
    > fair manner.
    >


    I've seen no facts.
    I see no logic.

    > This mixture of your ignorance, hatred and hypocrisy
    > well reflect the average mentality of the Perl Community.
    >


    These things exist in your mind. You deem all who speak to you criminal,
    and naturally they take offence. Give us the slightest shred of evidence
    for your wild allegations, and maybe postings like the above won't be
    necessary.

    >
    > Purl Gurl


    --
    Jacob
     
    Jacob, Jun 27, 2004
    #5
  6. >>>>> "Rocco" == Rocco Caputo <> writes:

    Rocco> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:06:11 GMT, norfernuman wrote:
    >> Ahh... to open c.l.p.m with no Puke gurl stupidity showing up.
    >> A quick glance at the filter log shows it's time to scrub that
    >> bowl! Yea baby, scrubbing bubbles!
    >>
    >> This is what the framers (mozilla developers) had in mind when
    >> the penned the declaration of independence from intrusive,
    >> manipulative yuck. You gotta' love those folks.
    >>
    >> Hmmm... Perl stuff to check out.
    >>
    >> - Good day!


    I'm not sure kill filing Purl Gurl is such a good idea. Someone
    needs to read her on-topic posts to make any needed corrections.

    Rocco> By the holy claws of Klortho, it is indeed a FINE day!

    Rocco> For our slrn-lovin' friends, I give you this incantation
    Rocco> for your scores files. It'll kill purlgurl's posts with
    Rocco> extreme prejudice, and it'll take out all the responses to
    Rocco> her. Which is good, because they're all JUST AS ANNOYING
    Rocco> and EQUALLY OFF TOPIC. Damn. Get a room already.

    Hey! I resent that remark. OK your probably right. I shouldn't
    feed the trolls.


    --
    Dale Henderson

    "Imaginary universes are so much more beautiful than this stupidly-
    constructed 'real' one..." -- G. H. Hardy
     
    Dale Henderson, Jun 27, 2004
    #6
  7. norfernuman

    Daedalus Guest

    Accusing without real evidence, thinking that the world (or maybe a
    newsgroup or community) is leading a conspiracy against you (or maybe a
    family and/or friends), making unlogical relations between things as it
    serve the conspiracy theory. Sounds like..

    Paranoia :
    1.. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or
    without grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.
    2.. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.
    3.. A chronic form of insanity characterized by very gradual impairment of
    the intellect, systematized delusion, and usually by delusious of
    persecution or mandatory delusions producing homicidal tendency. In its mild
    form paranoia may consist in the well-marked crotchetiness exhibited in
    persons commonly called ``cranks.'' Paranoiacs usually show evidences of
    bodily and nervous degeneration, and many have hallucinations, esp. of sight
    and hearing.
    Seriously, I would like not to believe that. But since you're never able to
    show serious and real evidence, and also due the fact that you seemed to be
    the only one here complaining about the perl community (and I also find some
    posting on other newsgroup or forums with the same kind of things posted by
    you). It's becoming really silly and pretty annoying. If you don't like the
    perl community, you are free to stay out of it. But please stop accusing the
    perl community if you're unable to prove what you say, cause for now all I
    see is that you are harassing OUR community.
    And if you have problem with one or two of us, don't bring it here; it's not
    a lawyers newsgroup.

    (It's only my personnal opinion)
    Thanks
     
    Daedalus, Jun 27, 2004
    #7
  8. Sherm Pendley, Jun 27, 2004
    #8
  9. norfernuman

    Daedalus Guest

    > > > videotron
    >
    > > > My presumption is you are the videotron user
    > > > who attempts to send our family virus infected
    > > > email several times a day, on a daily basis.

    >
    > > videotron

    >
    > > My presumption is you are the videotron user
    > > who attempted a minor Denial of Service attack
    > > on our family webserver, June 25, 2004.

    >
    > Yes, although several hundred hits before, and
    > several hundred hits after, you attempted a
    > Denial of Service attack using a POST method
    > which began and ended in this time frame:
    >
    > [25/Jun/2004:00:05:34 -0700]
    >
    > [25/Jun/2004:00:14:11 -0700]


    You're presumptions are all wrong and that actually confirms me that you
    don't mind to accuse somebody without any evidence. Videotron is the most
    important ISP in canada with millions of clients, don't be so quick at
    making doubtful relations between what's happening to your server and you
    will gain in credibility. I also receive many infected mail, in fact most
    people on earth do receive those mails everyday. I have no interest (not
    even the smallest) on your server. Anyway, the fact that you're accusing me
    for those attacks proves to me (since I wasn't really sure before that) that
    you're accusations can't be take seriously. And even if I wasn't really
    serious about this paranoia thing, I'm starting to believe you may actually
    be a little web paranoiac.

    Please, keep in mind that presumptions are not evidence.
     
    Daedalus, Jun 28, 2004
    #9
  10. norfernuman

    Daedalus Guest

    > Daedalus wrote:
    >
    > > Paranoia :
    > > 1..
    > > 2..
    > > 3..

    >
    > 4.. A highly amusing role-playing game. Trust the Perl. The Perl is your
    > friend.


    I wouldn't say that, blindly I mean. But this little cinism posting was
    meant to go fishing. And now I know what I wanted to know.
     
    Daedalus, Jun 28, 2004
    #10
  11. norfernuman

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Purl Gurl" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Daedalus wrote:
    >
    > > > > > videotron
    > > > > videotron

    >
    > > Videotron is the most important ISP in canada with millions of clients,

    >
    > Yep, Canada's own America Online. Videotron is amongst top
    > sources of virus infected email and internet abuse.
    >


    Will you ever just shut up? Canada's own America Online is America Online
    Canada (an imaginative name even you could come up with!). They make our
    coasters, too, by the way.

    Better watch out for Sympatico and Rogers, though. They're even bigger than
    Videotron and teeming with people who drool over pictures of fat-bottomed
    Choctaws.

    Matt
     
    Matt Garrish, Jun 28, 2004
    #11
  12. norfernuman

    Daedalus Guest

    > What I have read, so far, in all responses to threads here,
    > is excuse making and denial. Excuse making and denial.
    > Excuse making and denial. Excuse making and denial.
    >
    > Excuse making and denial.


    Well I didn't make any excuses, nor any attack on your server. I just gave
    my opinion on your non-stop accusing post; from wich you don't find anything
    better than to accuse me, based on my ISP. That is defenitely a hard
    evidence... You've been attack by a videtron user, and there is a videtron
    user here that knows your existence... so as 2 + 2 = 5, there's no doubt
    about it. That's him.
    There may be some attacks coming from user of this newsgroup; but the whole
    thing sounds like a paranoiac inquisition against this newsgroup based on
    presumptions arise from nowhere.

    Anyway, as I said, I know what I wanted to know. So I'll stay out of this
    kind thread now. By accusing me, you show me that I can't take your
    allegations seriously, and I would not encourage anyone to do take them
    seriously.

    (By the way, I find you some of your webpage... kind of amusing)
    Thanks
     
    Daedalus, Jun 28, 2004
    #12
  13. Daedalus wrote:

    <http://www.paranoia-rpg.com>

    "Welcome to Paranoia, the RPG of a Darkly Humorous Future. In this game, you
    and your fellow players play Troubleshooters, serving Friend Computer by
    finding Trouble and Shooting it."

    Trust the Computer. The Computer is your Friend.

    Get it now? ;-)

    sherm--

    --
    Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net
    Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org
     
    Sherm Pendley, Jun 28, 2004
    #13
  14. norfernuman

    krakle Guest

    norfernuman <> wrote in message news:<T3YCc.1171$>...
    > Ahh... to open c.l.p.m with no Puke gurl stupidity showing up.
    > A quick glance at the filter log shows it's time to scrub that bowl!


    Cool. Now we get to read your offtopic posts about you not being able
    to read her offtopic posts... This was such a good idea of yours to
    clean clpm.
     
    krakle, Jun 28, 2004
    #14
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. EvErEady
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    376
    Jos A. Horsmeier
    Aug 4, 2003
  2. Asfand Yar Qazi
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    419
    Asfand Yar Qazi
    Nov 12, 2004
  3. Martin M.
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    360
    Simon Brunning
    Dec 15, 2005
  4. Dave Rudolf
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    312
    Kai-Uwe Bux
    May 17, 2006
  5. David A. Black
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    238
    Tim Hunter
    Aug 19, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page