Killing people with C - sourcecode???

Lucas J. Riesau

I'm a serial killer and unlike other killers I don't kill
people with guns, knives or chainsaws.

I kill people with software. By reading the sourcecode
of one of my programs, the victim's brain will overload
and shut down. The cops and CSI teams don't have
a clue.

But now I'm running out of deadly sourcecodes.

Can you help me to kill a few more people by giving
me some advice??? I need some extremly deadly
C programs. Some routines that could instantly
kill people. Please help!!!

Darko

I'm a serial killer and unlike other killers I don't kill
people with guns, knives or chainsaws.

I kill people with software. By reading the sourcecode
of one of my programs, the victim's brain will overload
and shut down. The cops and CSI teams don't have
a clue.

But now I'm running out of deadly sourcecodes.

Can you help me to kill a few more people by giving
me some advice??? I need some extremly deadly
C programs. Some routines that could instantly
kill people. Please help!!!

But, if we give it to you, you shall immediatelly die, like your
victims. Are you sure?

santosh

Darko said:
On Jul 11, 5:22 pm, "Lucas J. Riesau" <[email protected]> wrote:

But, if we give it to you, you shall immediatelly die, like your
victims. Are you sure?

This exact same message was posted to this group some months back,
presumably by the same poster. That time he got the response he
wanted. This time, hopefully, this obvious troll will be ignored.

Malcolm McLean

Lucas J. Riesau said:
I'm a serial killer and unlike other killers I don't kill
people with guns, knives or chainsaws.

I kill people with software. By reading the sourcecode
of one of my programs, the victim's brain will overload
and shut down. The cops and CSI teams don't have
a clue.

But now I'm running out of deadly sourcecodes.

Can you help me to kill a few more people by giving
me some advice??? I need some extremly deadly
C programs. Some routines that could instantly
kill people. Please help!!!
A method for factoring large prime numbers. This would compromise national
security because anyone could break the RSA cryptosystem. Anyone in
possession of the secret would be hunted down by the CIA and killed.
Obviously they would make it look like someone else had done it.

Richard Heathfield

[crossposts trimmed]

Malcolm McLean said:
A method for factoring large prime numbers.

Too late. Bill Gates is already working on that, and he can throw a lot
more resource at the problem than you can.

Walter Roberson

A method for factoring large prime numbers. This would compromise national
security because anyone could break the RSA cryptosystem. Anyone in
possession of the secret would be hunted down by the CIA and killed.
Obviously they would make it look like someone else had done it.

So *that's* what happened! I knew Bill wouldn't retire without good
reason! Jason Foxtrot must have been getting too close to the secret,
so they must have forced Bill to lie low!

bert

--

The "method for factoring large prime numbers" is simple
and well known. It is to write down the number that you

Al Balmer

A method for factoring large prime numbers. This would compromise national
security because anyone could break the RSA cryptosystem. Anyone in
possession of the secret would be hunted down by the CIA and killed.
Obviously they would make it look like someone else had done it.

A bit too easy. Consider the number of factors for a prime number.

pete

Lucas said:
I need some extremly deadly
C programs. Some routines that could instantly
kill people. Please help!!!

Every once in a while on this newsgroup
somebody posts code that looks like this:

#define P printf
#define R return
#define W while
#define F for

If you google in this newsgroup
on the phrase "thousand tears"
or the phrase "Joona gets upset"
you can probably see an entire one of those programs.
Be careful if you decide to try to look at whole one.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/search?hl=en&group=comp.lang.c&q="thousand+tears"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/msg/001fa1c247b8c4e5?hl=en&

Dr Shaft

I'm a serial killer and unlike other killers I don't kill
people with guns, knives or chainsaws.

I kill people with software. By reading the sourcecode
of one of my programs, the victim's brain will overload
and shut down. The cops and CSI teams don't have
a clue.

But now I'm running out of deadly sourcecodes.

Can you help me to kill a few more people by giving
me some advice??? I need some extremly deadly
C programs. Some routines that could instantly
kill people. Please help!!!

Study the holocaust pal

Dr Shaft

David T. Ashley

Lucas J. Riesau said:
I'm a serial killer and unlike other killers I don't kill
people with guns, knives or chainsaws.

I kill people with software. By reading the sourcecode
of one of my programs, the victim's brain will overload
and shut down. The cops and CSI teams don't have
a clue.

But now I'm running out of deadly sourcecodes.

Can you help me to kill a few more people by giving
me some advice??? I need some extremly deadly
C programs. Some routines that could instantly
kill people. Please help!!!

Why are you going out of your way to kill people? Doesn't it just happen
naturally?

Examples:

a)The Therac-25 disaster.

b)Drive-by-wire and fly-by-wire are now established technologies. Sooner or
later there will be a software bug. (And let's not mention traffic lights,
air-traffic control systems, and GPS-ILS systems, which all have a heavy
software component.)

When software (which can't be engineered to 100% reliability) is mixed with
important systems, don't the disasters flow naturally?

Why do you have to try?

Army1987

I'm a serial killer and unlike other killers I don't kill
people with guns, knives or chainsaws.

I kill people with software. By reading the sourcecode
of one of my programs, the victim's brain will overload
and shut down. The cops and CSI teams don't have
a clue.

But now I'm running out of deadly sourcecodes.

Can you help me to kill a few more people by giving
me some advice??? I need some extremly deadly
C programs. Some routines that could instantly
kill people. Please help!!!
On the DS9K, you have several ways to do that, but they are not
portable. On PCs they would probably just segfault.

user923005

On the DS9K, you have several ways to do that, but they are not
portable. On PCs they would probably just segfault.

Clearly, another important application of fatality via the C language
is to killfile through the use of C.
If a C program can be so constructed to detect the combination of
"whinging" and "twit" simultaneously then we set the first indicator.
Then, if we see a powerful indication of "refusal to learn at any
cost" we set the second and final indicator.
These two indicators put into motion a "symbolic poleaxing" of the
culprit, as they fall to the bottom of the killfile.
The last operation of the C program is to puts() the string "*plonk*"
and then exit with EXIT_SUCCESS and we have a real triumph of
engineering.

user923005

A bit too easy. Consider the number of factors for a prime number.

Right. I can factor a prime number in a heartbeat. It's the ones
composed of two very large factors that give me cross-eyed hissy fits.

For instance, given:
460878891534124228795052665486706031703635102175804855637308120313819182469137311099856240628115837825286498493561436529

It takes a while to come up with:
678880616555020098325362522901678303998696626187953295533977^2

Army1987

Right. I can factor a prime number in a heartbeat. It's the ones
composed of two very large factors that give me cross-eyed hissy fits.

For instance, given:
460878891534124228795052665486706031703635102175804855637308120313819182469137311099856240628115837825286498493561436529

It takes a while to come up with:
678880616555020098325362522901678303998696626187953295533977^2
I'd bet you did the other way round, didn't you? :)

Kelsey Bjarnason

Naturally. But my factoring software could solve it in a couple of
weeks, according to my estimate.

One might argue that if that is the case, your factoring software is
somewhat poorly designed.

Consider: there is no point examining any potential factor larger than the
square root of the number being factored. Since one presumably has to
calculate this anyways (to set the boundary), then either an integral
result or a quick multiplication will tell you, almost instantly, that the
number has the factor noted above; this should not take anywhere near even
a second, never mind a couple of weeks.

Or did I miss something?

RomeoFarnh