know what 'chitlins' are?

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city for 8
years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
greens. *ugh*

--Tina

A Hess

Somewhere around 2/21/04 9:33 AM, Tina - AffordableHOST.com typed wildly
with reckless abandon:
I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city for 8
years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
greens. *ugh*

This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc) When I
relized what I did I tried cancelling it and hoped for the best.

Oh well, just ignore it. Or get a chuckle from my itchy mouse finger.

Later, Aron

Whitecrest

This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc)....

Maybe your wife is from a different country and is just learning how to
speak English. And she is really trying to say "Children" that but,
because of her very prominent foreign accent, it just sounds like
"chitlins"

Of course, you would probably would have noticed this with other words
too.

Gypsy

A Hess said:
Somewhere around 2/21/04 9:33 AM, Tina - AffordableHOST.com typed wildly
with reckless abandon:

This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc) When I
relized what I did I tried cancelling it and hoped for the best.

Oh well, just ignore it. Or get a chuckle from my itchy mouse finger.

Later, Aron

No problem, we can bring this post on topic
here's a website, if anyone wants critique it.

IF.....

After seeing what chitlins are they don't lose their lunch all over their
monitor

http://www.foodreference.com/html/fchitterlings.html

Gypsy

A Hess

Somewhere around 2/21/04 11:00 AM, Whitecrest typed wildly with reckless
abandon:
Maybe your wife is from a different country and is just learning how to
speak English. And she is really trying to say "Children" that but,
because of her very prominent foreign accent, it just sounds like
"chitlins"

Of course, you would probably would have noticed this with other words
too.

Nah, it's just an innocent little something. Mainly derived from
children -> chillen -> chitlins. Just a lazy verbal regression, if
there is such a thing.

That, and we've heard the word chitlins before, but being from small,
"isolatated", primarily redneck community, we never bothered to find
it's source.