know what 'chitlins' are?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by A Hess, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. A Hess

    A Hess Guest

    A Hess, Feb 21, 2004

  2. I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city for 8
    years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
    greens. *ugh*

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Feb 21, 2004

  3. A Hess

    A Hess Guest

    Somewhere around 2/21/04 9:33 AM, Tina - AffordableHOST.com typed wildly
    with reckless abandon:

    > I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city for 8
    > years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
    > greens. *ugh*

    This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
    sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc) When I
    relized what I did I tried cancelling it and hoped for the best.

    Oh well, just ignore it. Or get a chuckle from my itchy mouse finger.

    Later, Aron

    --
    Accomplishing the impossible just ensures that the boss will add it to
    your regular duties.
    A Hess, Feb 21, 2004
  4. A Hess

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
    > sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc)....

    Maybe your wife is from a different country and is just learning how to
    speak English. And she is really trying to say "Children" that but,
    because of her very prominent foreign accent, it just sounds like
    "chitlins"

    Of course, you would probably would have noticed this with other words
    too.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 21, 2004
  5. A Hess

    Gypsy Guest

    "A Hess" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere around 2/21/04 9:33 AM, Tina - AffordableHOST.com typed wildly
    > with reckless abandon:
    >
    > > I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city

    for 8
    > > years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
    > > greens. *ugh*

    > This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
    > sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc) When I
    > relized what I did I tried cancelling it and hoped for the best.
    >
    > Oh well, just ignore it. Or get a chuckle from my itchy mouse finger.
    >
    > Later, Aron

    No problem, we can bring this post on topic
    here's a website, if anyone wants critique it.

    IF.....

    After seeing what chitlins are they don't lose their lunch all over their
    monitor

    http://www.foodreference.com/html/fchitterlings.html

    Gypsy
    Gypsy, Feb 21, 2004
  6. A Hess

    A Hess Guest

    Somewhere around 2/21/04 11:00 AM, Whitecrest typed wildly with reckless
    abandon:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
    >>sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc)....

    > Maybe your wife is from a different country and is just learning how to
    > speak English. And she is really trying to say "Children" that but,
    > because of her very prominent foreign accent, it just sounds like
    > "chitlins"
    >
    > Of course, you would probably would have noticed this with other words
    > too.

    Nah, it's just an innocent little something. Mainly derived from
    children -> chillen -> chitlins. Just a lazy verbal regression, if
    there is such a thing.

    That, and we've heard the word chitlins before, but being from small,
    "isolatated", primarily redneck community, we never bothered to find
    it's source.

    --
    If at first you don't succeed, give up. No use being a damn fool.
    A Hess, Feb 21, 2004
  7. Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2004