    b.. Temporarily change the file names in the Development or Debugging phase. Revert to the old names when you are ready to deploy the project.

    What if you want to work on more than one web app in a single solution?
    Do they use integrated source control at Microsoft? If they did they would know what a pain in the a$$ it is to rename files.

    EJS, Apr 2, 2004

  2. EJS,

    We do know that the workaround is inconvenient for pre-existing
    applications. Unfortunately, if you are running VS.NET 2002, that is the
    only workaround for pre-existing scenarios.

    This bug was corrected in VS.NET 2003.

    Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
    ASP.NET
    Developer Support

    >From: "EJS" <>
    >Subject: Knowledge Base Article - 811319
    >Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:03:25 -0500
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    >This is pathetic...
    >BUG: Debugger Does Not Stop at the Set Breakpoints in a .NET-Connected Web

    Application When More Than One File Has the Same File Name

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Apr 2, 2004