knowledge management in OSS communities

Zilia Iskoujina

Dear Members of Ruby Talk Group,

I am a PhD student in e-Business in Durham University, Durham Business
School (UK). My research topic is "Knowledge management and innovation
in virtual organisations". The aim of my thesis is to assess how and
to what extent knowledge is created, shared, and circulated in open
source software (OSS) communities.

In my empirical studies I am collecting primary data from members/
developers of OSS communities. Because you are the one who can give me
a correct picture of how you experience your contribution to OSS
activities, I would be very grateful if you could spend no more than
15 minutes to answer my questionnaire (URL: http://www.dur.ac.uk/zilia.iskoujina/qq.htm).

There will be some prizes - after finishing the data collection, I
will randomly select some respondents and send them gift vouchers for
GBP 20 from Amazon.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation. I greatly
appreciate your help in contributing to this research endeavour.

Zilia Iskoujina
PhD Student in e-Business

Durham University
Durham Business School