Konqueror and Padding

Bergamot

Jonathan said:
One could say that the use of PRE to format multiline code snippet is
presentational and not semantic, like B, I, BIG & SMALL...

I'm not sure about that. What if you're looking at it in Lynx with no
CSS support? Will it still make sense sans formatting? If not, then
<pre> is the better choice.

Blinky the Shark

Jonathan said:
Blinky the Shark wrote:

One could say that the use of PRE to format multiline code snippet is
presentational and not semantic, like B, I, BIG & SMALL... Personally
what I do is just create a class for larger multiline code snippets.

code.bigSnippet {
display: block; margin: .5em 1em; padding: .5em;
border: 1px solid #ccf; white-space: pre;
}

Second Response

I adapted this to the site, and while I was at it converted nearly all
dimensioning to ems. I like the result; thanks for the solution *and*
for the inadvertent prod to lose the px values.