Konqueror Quirk? Safari?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Blinky the Shark, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Tested Opera7.23/Moz1.4/Konq3.1.4/Linux and IE6/W98SE (graphical
    browserwise).

    Two questions, here: Besides Konqueror, does this also happen in Safari
    (no fruit-flavored systems here), and why does it happen?

    http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku.html

    http://blinkynet.net/dfstyle1.css

    Div for first column uses:

    <pre>
    [content]

    If I use that for the second-column div, the first line of content of
    that column is rendered with a blank line preceding it, so it visually
    vertically aligns with the *second* line of the first column.

    http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html

    or http://blinkynet.net/screens/konq.gif

    That one-line offset is eliminated if I use this form for the second
    column:

    <pre>[content]

    It looks like <pre> is differently treating, in each column, the CR that
    follows it.

    The second-column *div* isn't being jogged downward one that line --
    giving test borders to the two divs show that their tops are aligned,
    but that one blank line leads off the second.

    Why is this apparently inconsistent between the two <pre>s? Or am I
    missing something else?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Blinky the Shark

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > Two questions, here: Besides Konqueror, does this also happen in Safari
    > (no fruit-flavored systems here), and why does it happen?

    As to "does it happen?", iCapture en Daniel Vine are your friends.
    <http://www.danvine.com/icapture/>

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)
    Kris, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Kris wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >> Two questions, here: Besides Konqueror, does this also happen in Safari
    >> (no fruit-flavored systems here), and why does it happen?

    > As to "does it happen?", iCapture en Daniel Vine are your friends.
    ><http://www.danvine.com/icapture/>

    Thank you.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > Tested Opera7.23/Moz1.4/Konq3.1.4/Linux and IE6/W98SE (graphical
    > browserwise).
    >
    > Two questions, here: Besides Konqueror, does this also happen in Safari
    > (no fruit-flavored systems here), and why does it happen?

    I can answer one question. Yes, it happens in Safari 1.0v85 when
    viewing http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html

    Can't answer the other, sorry!

    Audry

    --
    tawdry glamour who is at smile global dot com
    T. Audry Glamour, Feb 19, 2004
  5. T. Audry Glamour wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >> Tested Opera7.23/Moz1.4/Konq3.1.4/Linux and IE6/W98SE (graphical
    >> browserwise).

    >> Two questions, here: Besides Konqueror, does this also happen in Safari
    >> (no fruit-flavored systems here), and why does it happen?

    > I can answer one question. Yes, it happens in Safari 1.0v85 when
    > viewing http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html

    Thanks for the confirmation, Audry.

    > Can't answer the other, sorry!

    I want my money back. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > T. Audry Glamour wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >>> Tested Opera7.23/Moz1.4/Konq3.1.4/Linux and IE6/W98SE (graphical
    >>> browserwise).

    >>> Two questions, here: Besides Konqueror, does this also happen in Safari
    >>> (no fruit-flavored systems here), and why does it happen?

    >> I can answer one question. Yes, it happens in Safari 1.0v85 when
    >> viewing http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html

    > Thanks for the confirmation, Audry.

    >> Can't answer the other, sorry!

    > I want my money back. ;)

    <piggybacking on my own post, here> Oink!

    I just found that I'd uploaded the wrong version of this page for
    http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html (the one that I've asked
    about, not the one that works). The one that's up there now is the
    right broken one, and the one at which my question about <pre>
    inconsistency points. Sorry about that. It was only off by one
    keystroke, but that one was...er...key.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Blinky the Shark

    Marco Bakker Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > > T. Audry Glamour wrote:

    > >> I can answer one question. Yes, it happens in Safari 1.0v85 when
    > >> viewing http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html

    > > Thanks for the confirmation, Audry.

    > >> Can't answer the other, sorry!

    > > I want my money back. ;)

    > <piggybacking on my own post, here> Oink!
    >
    > I just found that I'd uploaded the wrong version of this page for
    > http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html (the one that I've asked
    > about, not the one that works). The one that's up there now is the
    > right broken one, and the one at which my question about <pre>
    > inconsistency points. Sorry about that. It was only off by one
    > keystroke, but that one was...er...key.

    I see no problem/blank line here in hte second column.
    Using Safari 1.2v125.

    --
    marco
    Marco Bakker, Feb 19, 2004
  8. In article <>,
    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > I just found that I'd uploaded the wrong version of this page for
    > http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html (the one that I've asked
    > about, not the one that works). The one that's up there now is the
    > right broken one, and the one at which my question about <pre>
    > inconsistency points. Sorry about that. It was only off by one
    > keystroke, but that one was...er...key.

    Now http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html has no blank line at the
    top of the second column.

    In your first request I wasn't sure *which* file was the problem one
    so that's why I included the whole name in my reply.

    HTH :)

    Audry

    --
    tawdry glamour who is at smile global dot com
    T. Audry Glamour, Feb 19, 2004
  9. T. Audry Glamour wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > Now http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html has no blank line at the
    > top of the second column.

    Hmmm. Still does, here.

    Fresh image:
    http://blinkynet.net/screens/konqcolumn.gif

    > In your first request I wasn't sure *which* file was the problem one
    > so that's why I included the whole name in my reply.

    Problem:
    http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku_jog.html - jogged column

    Workaround:
    http://blinkynet.net/spag/haiku.html - even columns