Konqueror vs Javascript in URLs

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Phlip, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. Phlip

    Phlip Guest

    Engineers:

    Steps to reproduce the issue:

    - whip out your Konqueror 3.4.2
    - (via Linux 2.6.12-12mdk-i586-up-1GB)
    - write HTML with an IFrame
    - src='javascript:void(alert("yo"))'
    - hit the page

    Observed behavior:

    - An error occurred while loading javascript:void(alert("yo")):
    Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
    klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'javascript'.

    Expected behavior:

    - an alert with 'yo' in it...

    So, does anyone know how to register the javascript protocol with klauncher
    so Konqueror can run it out of its Location bar and frame sources, like all
    the other browsers?

    (Next I will ask how I can get my abuse of script.aculo.us to stop conking
    Konq!)

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Dec 17, 2006

  2. Phlip wrote:
    > Engineers:
    >
    > Steps to reproduce the issue:
    >
    > - whip out your Konqueror 3.4.2
    > - (via Linux 2.6.12-12mdk-i586-up-1GB)
    > - write HTML with an IFrame
    > - src='javascript:void(alert("yo"))'
    > - hit the page
    >
    > Observed behavior:
    >
    > - An error occurred while loading javascript:void(alert("yo")):
    > Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
    > klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'javascript'.
    >
    > Expected behavior:
    >
    > - an alert with 'yo' in it...
    >
    > So, does anyone know how to register the javascript protocol with klauncher
    > so Konqueror can run it out of its Location bar and frame sources, like all
    > the other browsers?

    You will probably get a quicker response to this if you visit a KDE
    group or #kde irc

    > (Next I will ask how I can get my abuse of script.aculo.us to stop conking
    > Konq!)

    You will probably get a quicker response to this if you visit a KDE
    group or #kde irc and also the Rails spinoffs mailing list.
    Scriptaculous is not programmed in the most cross-browser friendly way.

    Peter
    Peter Michaux, Dec 17, 2006

  3. Phlip

    Phlip Guest

    Peter Michaux wrote:

    > You will probably get a quicker response to this if you visit a KDE
    > group or #kde irc

    You might want to check the Newsgroups: header before posting such things
    ;-)

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Dec 17, 2006
  4. Phlip wrote:
    > Peter Michaux wrote:
    >
    > > You will probably get a quicker response to this if you visit a KDE
    > > group or #kde irc

    > You might want to check the Newsgroups: header before posting such things
    > ;-)

    Ahh. So why are you triple posting?
    Peter Michaux, Dec 17, 2006
  5. Phlip

    Phlip Guest

    Peter Michaux wrote:

    > Ahh. So why are you triple posting?

    To improve the odds of an answer; what triple posting is supposed to be for.

    And note that if this thread actually obtains one, the USENET archives will
    remember it, and they might reduce future posts to zero.

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Dec 17, 2006
  6. Phlip

    Jay Wassio Guest

    Phlip wrote:

    > Peter Michaux wrote:
    >
    >> Ahh. So why are you triple posting?

    > To improve the odds of an answer; what triple posting is supposed to be
    > for.
    >
    > And note that if this thread actually obtains one, the USENET archives
    > will remember it, and they might reduce future posts to zero.

    I don't mind the triple posting itself, I just wonder how Mandriva is
    exactly applicable for this.

    --
    Jay Wassio

    Merry Christmas!