    Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

    --
    Rafal Kot
    KooT, Sep 7, 2006

  2. KooT wrote:
    > Witam,
    >
    > Chcialbym zapytac o ksiazke do nauki c++ od strony obiektowosci,
    > klass, dziedziczenia, polimorfizmu.
    > Dla kogos kto zna kilka jezyków i programowanie struktualne i chce
    > podszkolic mocno programowanie obiektowe. Najlepiej z cwiczeniami do
    > wykonania ;)
    >
    > Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

    Sprobuj B.Stroustrup "The C++ language" ("jezyk C++")
    albo B.Eckel "Thinking in C++" (darmowa w sieci albo
    do kupienia wersja ksiazkowa).

    Przy okazji -- ta grupa jest w 99% anglojezyczna.

    HTH,
    - J.
    Jacek Dziedzic, Sep 7, 2006

  3. KooT

    Bart Guest

    Jacek Dziedzic wrote:
    > KooT wrote:
    > > Witam,
    > >
    > > Chcialbym zapytac o ksiazke do nauki c++ od strony obiektowosci,
    > > klass, dziedziczenia, polimorfizmu.
    > > Dla kogos kto zna kilka jezyków i programowanie struktualne i chce
    > > podszkolic mocno programowanie obiektowe. Najlepiej z cwiczeniami do
    > > wykonania ;)
    > >
    > > Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

    > Sprobuj B.Stroustrup "The C++ language" ("jezyk C++")
    > albo B.Eckel "Thinking in C++" (darmowa w sieci albo
    > do kupienia wersja ksiazkowa).

    For those who don't speak Polish, the OP has experience using several
    structural languages and is asking for a book to learn C++ with a
    strong emphasis on OOP, preferably with exercises. JD then sugested two
    books.

    > Przy okazji -- ta grupa jest w 99% anglojezyczna.

    I can count at least 3 regulars who understand Polish, so you may want
    to lower that figure a bit. ;)

    Regards,
    Bart.
    Bart, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Bart wrote:
    > Jacek Dziedzic wrote:
    >> KooT wrote:
    >>> Witam,
    >>> [..]

    >> Przy okazji -- ta grupa jest w 99% anglojezyczna.

    > I can count at least 3 regulars who understand Polish, so you may want
    > to lower that figure a bit. ;)

    How is the number of regulars who understand Polish play into the figure?
    I, for instance, have no idea how many people simply read c.l.c++ and are
    not regulars. It could be they all understand Polish or it could be none
    do... I imagine that "99% anglojezyczna" refers to the number of posts
    here, and as such is quite an understatement.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 7, 2006
  5. Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > Bart wrote:
    >
    >>Jacek Dziedzic wrote:

    >>> Przy okazji -- ta grupa jest w 99% anglojezyczna.

    >>I can count at least 3 regulars who understand Polish, so you may want
    >>to lower that figure a bit. ;)

    > How is the number of regulars who understand Polish play into the figure?
    > I, for instance, have no idea how many people simply read c.l.c++ and are
    > not regulars. It could be they all understand Polish or it could be none
    > do... I imagine that "99% anglojezyczna" refers to the number of posts
    > here, and as such is quite an understatement.

    Yes, in fact I was also of the opinion that it's the number
    of posts, not regulars, that makes a newsgroup this-or-that
    language.

    But... in order that I don't have to lower the figure or raise
    it to fix my understatement, let's conveniently assume that the
    polishness of a newsgroup is determined by a meaningless weighted
    average of the percentages of posters who understand Polish and posts
    in Polish, with the weights of the average such that the result
    is 99.0d for c.l.c++ :)

    cheers,
    - J.
    Jacek Dziedzic, Sep 8, 2006