Kwwika - World Cup Web Development competition announced

phobos7

Hello all!

I'm working on a project called Kwwika which allows anybody to add
real-time push functionality to your website. To try and get people
developing using Kwwika we've decided to create a competition that
will hopefully encourage web developers to sign up for the opportunity
of winning an Apple iPad.

The purpose of the competition is to see who can build the most
engaging real-time push World Cup 2010 web application using either
our JavaScript or Silverlight API. For most people in this groups I'm
guessing the JavaScript API would be of most interest.

More details can be found in the following locations:

* Blog post announcment: http://blog.kwwika.com/kwwika-world-cup-2010-real-time-push-web-app
* Kwwika Wiki with competition details:
http://wiki.kwwika.com/competitions/world-cup-2010-real-time-push-web-app-competition
* A real-time push World Cup demo created to give people an idea of
what can be built: http://kwwika.com/Standalone/Demos/WorldCup2010/

If you have any questions or idea please feel free to get in touch
with me via (e-mail address removed)

Thanks,

Phil

Joe Nine

phobos7 said:
Hello all!

I'm working on a project called Kwwika which allows anybody to add
real-time push functionality to your website. To try and get people
developing using Kwwika we've decided to create a competition that
will hopefully encourage web developers to sign up for the opportunity
of winning an Apple iPad.

I'll be surprised if many people enter, with the top prize being
something that costs around the equivalent of a day's wages.

David Mark

I'll be surprised if many people enter, with the top prize being
something that costs around the equivalent of a day's wages.

....for those who are slumming. :)

phobos7

I was referring to after-tax earnings ;-)

Oh, and the top of the range 3G iPad ;-)

Our hope is that building a real-time push application using Kwwika
won't take too much time. If it does we're probably doing something
wrong. The key to this competition is innovation. We're not too fussed
about fancy graphics. We want to see how people can use real-time data
to build an engaging application.

We've had a few entries for this competition but not too many - maybe
the incentive isn't enough? The deadline for entry is July 1st but the
main thing is to have something in place for that date and you can
then build on it.

We've also managed to get Opta Sports involved and they are now
pushing real-time updates about live games through. So, this is a
great chance to play with some cool real-time Opta stats.

A final incentive is that we have a potential client lined up to use
Kwwika and by building an application using Kwwika you put yourself in
the shop window to be considered for that contract.

As before, if you are interested in entering the competition, or just
having a play with Kwwika, please get in touch ([email protected]).

Phil