    to my web.conmfig I get an error that it can't debug in Visual Studio. Has
    anyone seen this before?

    jerry
    JerryK, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Hey Jerry,

    The xml isn't well-formed. The value of the value attribute must be quoted:

    <add key="mykey" value="http://somewhere.com?id=" />

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jan 25, 2005

  3. JerryK

    JerryK Guest

    My example was poor. In the code it is in quotes. I also tried replacing
    the double quotes with single quotes.

    jerry

    JerryK, Jan 25, 2005
  4. JerryK

    JerryK Guest

    Found the problem. The value cannot contain an ampersand for some reason.
    Very strange. I guess I will use entities instead.

    jerry

    JerryK, Jan 25, 2005
  5. JerryK

    MWells Guest

    Ampersands must be expressed as &amp; this is part of the XML syntax.
    (since an ampersand signifies the start of an XML entity).

    MWells, Jan 26, 2005