KYLIX AND MS WINDOWS PLATFORM

Discussion in 'C++' started by Atz, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. Atz

    Atz Guest

    Hi to all !

    Am in BIG "System of a down" situation.
    Im using Linux and Kylix for programming stuff ( for Linux platforms ).

    Becuse the whole programming stuff is for commer. purposes im trying to find
    a way to recompile the existing code ( on linux ) and make transfer to
    windows platform.

    The costumer is using 10 computers on window platform and thats the whole
    story.

    I know that there are some converters for such stuff but i can't find the
    right one.
    The guy from Borland says that i can do easy convertion but for something
    like that i need Borland C++ Builder 6 Pro. Hmm, interesting but the BC++
    costs more than 1000 $ (!!).

    If someone knows where i can find cheaper way to convert Kylix code (linux )
    to windows code, i would be very thankful...

    Thanx in advance
    LinuxForewer

    Atz, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Atz <> spoke thus:

    > Am in BIG "System of a down" situation.
    > Im using Linux and Kylix for programming stuff ( for Linux platforms ).

    > If someone knows where i can find cheaper way to convert Kylix code (linux )
    > to windows code, i would be very thankful...

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Atz

    John Smith Guest

    "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in message
    > Atz <> spoke thus:
    >
    > > Am in BIG "System of a down" situation.
    > > Im using Linux and Kylix for programming stuff ( for Linux platforms ).

    > > If someone knows where i can find cheaper way to convert Kylix code

    (linux )
    > > to windows code, i would be very thankful...

    > Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
    >
    > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    >
    > for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.
    >
    > --
    > Christopher Benson-Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
    > ataru(at)cyberspace.org | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.

    The post was incomprehensible, how could you tell it was off topic?

    John Smith, Apr 28, 2004
  4. "Atz" <> wrote in message news:c6o9nd$eu6$...
    > Hi to all !
    >
    > Am in BIG "System of a down" situation.
    > Im using Linux and Kylix for programming stuff ( for Linux platforms ).

    Delphi or C++?

    > Becuse the whole programming stuff is for commer. purposes im trying to

    find
    > a way to recompile the existing code ( on linux ) and make transfer to
    > windows platform.
    >
    > The costumer is using 10 computers on window platform and thats the whole
    > story.
    >
    > I know that there are some converters for such stuff but i can't find the
    > right one.
    > The guy from Borland says that i can do easy convertion but for something
    > like that i need Borland C++ Builder 6 Pro. Hmm, interesting but the BC++
    > costs more than 1000 $ (!!).
    >
    > If someone knows where i can find cheaper way to convert Kylix code

    (linux )
    > to windows code, i would be very thankful...

    The only way i know, if you use CLX you can recompile the whole thing in
    Windows using Borland's product which also uses the CLX.

    CLX on the other hand is derived from QT API (i think that they are actually
    the same) and in this case you can buy QT API for Windows and use it to
    recompile the stuff.

    Well that's the help i can give. Also this subject is off topic in clc++,
    try to locate some CLX/QT newsgroups.

    Regards,

    Ioannis Vranos

    Ioannis Vranos, Apr 28, 2004
  5. John Smith <> spoke thus:

    > The post was incomprehensible, how could you tell it was off topic?

    inherently Incomprehensible off-posts are topic. :)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Apr 28, 2004