    Thank you

    Nicolaas
    www.sunnysideup.co.nz
    windandwaves, Mar 21, 2008

  2. windandwaves wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > In Firefox tabbing through a form is not working as intended. Please
    > visit http://www.cloud9.co.nz/enquiries/ for an example. It seems
    > that by using the tab key, you go to a label and then an input box, a
    > label, an input box, etc....
    >
    > The html for the form can not be changed (even though it does not
    > validate!), but I was wondering if you can change a setting to change
    > this.

    Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in
    /mnt/gs02/herd03/29059/domains/cloud9.co.nz/html/sapphire/misc/Browscap.php
    on line 272

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 22, 2008

  3. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Hi Jonathan

    Can you tell me what browser you are using please? Could you view it
    in an alternative browser? I have never seen this error.

    Cheers

    Nicolaas
    windandwaves, Mar 22, 2008
  4. windandwaves wrote:
    > Hi Jonathan
    >
    > Can you tell me what browser you are using please? Could you view it
    > in an alternative browser? I have never seen this error.

    Yes, SeaMonkey 1.1.8. This highlights the major flaw in using UserAgent
    string stiffing to controlling your site, be it client-side with
    JavaScript or server side with PHP's Browscap. Your browsercap.ini can
    never have all browsers listed, nor always we be to date.

    BTW SeaMonkey 1.1.8 is quite capable of rendering your site, it is your
    code that it preventing it. Wonder what would have happened if I used
    Epiphany http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/

    BTW your problem has something to do this your styling. Disable your
    stylesheet and it tabs as it should. Such a mess that I do not have time
    to decipher it...

    BTW 2: what is the advantage of XHTML1.1 if you have to reparse it as
    HTML for old IE? Why not use HTML and and be done with it and dump the
    browscap and solve two problems with one "stone"?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 22, 2008
  5. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    Hi Jonathan

    Much appreciate your help. Can you please check if it is still
    happening (the problems with Seamonkey). Totally agree with you about
    that browser sniffing thing.
    windandwaves, Mar 22, 2008
  6. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    the error in the css is as follows:

    ..field {overflow: auto;} for some reason, in firefox, this css means
    the label gets a tab-index as well.
    windandwaves, Mar 22, 2008
  7. windandwaves

    rf Guest

    "windandwaves" <> wrote in message
    > the error in the css is as follows:
    >
    > .field {overflow: auto;} for some reason, in firefox, this css means
    > the label gets a tab-index as well.

    It's not the label that is getting getting tab-index, it is the containing
    div. Watch closely where the focus rectangle is presented, around the div.

    overflow: auto established a new block formatting context. This may have
    something to do with it. Why do you need overflow: auto on that div anyway?

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Mar 23, 2008