    docs could be clearer -- I'd appreciate your input.

    http://lafcadio.sourceforge.net

    Francis

    Francis Hwang, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Andreas:

    If this is to become reusable across a number of different DBs (like
    PostgresSQL) then I suppose that's a necessary step. That step should
    be fairly easy, since the database calls are limited to just a few
    methods.

    The main difficulty in such an adaptation would be differences in SQL;
    without having used PostgresSQL a lot I'd imagine there would be a few
    key differences that would require adaptation.

    Or is there another reason you're bringing up DBI?

    Francis

    Francis Hwang, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Hi!

    ATM i'm making project that will help one to quickly have site with news
    system, forum, guestbook, etc. May i include your code into the package?
    I want to use it widely through all of my code. It will be released as LGPL.

    P.S. I'm now trying to make test-suites run without errors on 1.8, it have a
    lot of "meth (bla)" code, that sometimes raises syntax errors.
    --
    sdmitry -=- Dmitry V. Sabanin
    MuraveyLabs.

    Dmitry V. Sabanin, Aug 4, 2003
  4. "Dmitry V. Sabanin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi!
    >
    > ATM i'm making project that will help one to quickly have site with news
    > system, forum, guestbook, etc. May i include your code into the package?
    > I want to use it widely through all of my code. It will be released as LGPL.

    Perhaps things would be clearer for people using your package if you
    simply listed Lafcadio as a requirement, and pointed them to where it
    can be downloaded. Being in alpha, Lafcadio might be a bit of a moving
    target in the short term, so it might be a bit of a hassle for you to
    constantly incorporate new changes.

    > P.S. I'm now trying to make test-suites run without errors on 1.8, it have a
    > lot of "meth (bla)" code, that sometimes raises syntax errors.

    Oop! Been doing a lot more testing in 1.6.8 than in 1.8. I'll get on
    that right away, thanks.

    Francis

    Francis Hwang, Aug 5, 2003
  5. On Tuesday 05 August 2003 10:18, Francis Hwang wrote:
    > "Dmitry V. Sabanin" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > ATM i'm making project that will help one to quickly have site with news
    > > system, forum, guestbook, etc. May i include your code into the package?
    > > I want to use it widely through all of my code. It will be released as
    > > LGPL.

    > Perhaps things would be clearer for people using your package if you
    > simply listed Lafcadio as a requirement, and pointed them to where it
    > can be downloaded. Being in alpha, Lafcadio might be a bit of a moving
    > target in the short term, so it might be a bit of a hassle for you to
    > constantly incorporate new changes.

    I placed it in the redist directory, and probably, i'll write it in my INSTALL
    file, that user will be able to use another version of lafcadio. I just want
    to have as little dependencies, as it is possible, to make everything working
    out of box. But maybe i'm wrong, i have to think about this some time.

    > > P.S. I'm now trying to make test-suites run without errors on 1.8, it
    > > have a lot of "meth (bla)" code, that sometimes raises syntax errors.

    > Oop! Been doing a lot more testing in 1.6.8 than in 1.8. I'll get on
    > that right away, thanks.

    No problems, if you want i could mail you (or give you data for accessing CVS)
    that have a lots of code fixed already.
    Btw, big thank you for a good library! :)

    --
    sdmitry -=- Dmitry V. Sabanin
    MuraveyLabs.

    Dmitry V. Sabanin, Aug 5, 2003
  6. "Dmitry V. Sabanin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Tuesday 05 August 2003 10:18, Francis Hwang wrote:
    > > Perhaps things would be clearer for people using your package if you
    > > simply listed Lafcadio as a requirement, and pointed them to where it
    > > can be downloaded. Being in alpha, Lafcadio might be a bit of a moving
    > > target in the short term, so it might be a bit of a hassle for you to
    > > constantly incorporate new changes.

    > I placed it in the redist directory, and probably, i'll write it in my INSTALL
    > file, that user will be able to use another version of lafcadio. I just want
    > to have as little dependencies, as it is possible, to make everything working
    > out of box. But maybe i'm wrong, i have to think about this some time.

    That might work, too. Feel free to try out whatever you think will
    work for your project. BTW, Lafcadio is LGPL, too.

    > > > P.S. I'm now trying to make test-suites run without errors on 1.8, it
    > > > have a lot of "meth (bla)" code, that sometimes raises syntax errors.

    > > Oop! Been doing a lot more testing in 1.6.8 than in 1.8. I'll get on
    > > that right away, thanks.

    > No problems, if you want i could mail you (or give you data for accessing CVS)
    > that have a lots of code fixed already.

    I went ahead and fixed all the syntax errors (mostly adding a lot of
    parenthesis) and all the tests run fine as of the last CVS checkin,
    but you have to suppress warnings or else the output's pretty messy.
    I'm planning on fixing all the warnings in the next day or so.

    If you want to email me code that fixes warnings, that'd be great.
    Otherwise I can just handle it on my own, too.

    > Btw, big thank you for a good library! :)

    You're welcome!

    Francis Hwang, Aug 5, 2003
  7. Today's release (0.1.2) runs fine in Ruby 1.8.0 without any warnings.

    Francis

    Francis Hwang, Aug 7, 2003
  8. "Dmitry V. Sabanin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Thursday 07 August 2003 23:05, Francis Hwang wrote:
    > > Today's release (0.1.2) runs fine in Ruby 1.8.0 without any warnings.

    > Thanx, sorry for being idle for a while..
    > Question, do you make changes to CVS often? Or i can just get the tar-ball?
    > > Francis

    At this moment I'm not making a lot of drastic changes, so you can
    probably just get the tar-ball.

    Francis Hwang, Aug 7, 2003