Lambda

Question: WHAT IS LAMBDA? I can't figure out what it does from any
documentation i've found anywhere. i doubt i need it but i still want to
know what the heck it is/does/fixes/whatever!

Tim Leslie

Short answer:

lambda is a python keyword which allows you to create anonymous
functions which may be considered a useful thing to have in certain
cases*.

Long answer:

To be provided by someone else who isn't meant to be working right now.

Tim

* There is much debate as to just how useful lambda functions are and
they are likely to be removed from the language in the distant futute
(python 3)

bruno modulix

e said:
Question: WHAT IS LAMBDA?

No need to scream, we here you quite well.
I can't figure out what it does from any
documentation i've found anywhere.

Then I doubt you really did search.
http://www.google.com/search?q=Python+++lambda
i doubt i need it

Why ?
but i still want to
know what the heck it is/does/fixes/whatever!

lambda is a keyword that is used to create anonymous functions. This is
pretty handy for simple callbacks.