lang, util, io, text (optional) packages

Oliver Wong

Oliver said:
But this is oxymoronic. First of all, 38°53'50"N=77°0'22"W is
plainly wrong,

It is possible to design a Java program to print a lie to console. E.g.

public class Liar {
System.out.println("2 + 2 = 5");
38°53'50"N <> 77°0'22"W,
one of them is longtitude and the other is latitude and the print out
is meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

It is possible to design a Java program to print out meaningless output
to the console. E.g.

public class Liar {
System.out.println("l;kjf9fa3hodf");
But if you're saying using
them for further calculation or processing (in math term) then that
would make sense.

I'm suggesting that you may be assuming the program does more than what
it actually does.
It's kind of an interesting start for Lew to post
it, however, it needs a step further for any value.

I think the value of the program lies in it being an example that uses
the 3 packages you listed, exactly like you requested. Nobody claimed it
would produce meaningful output.

- Oliver

RedGrittyBrick

NickName wrote:

the coordinates of 38�53'50"N 77�0'22"W for Union Station (DC) and

That isn't "us-ascii" and confuses my newsreader!