    experience or anyone who has any idea in creating such program.

    Really appreciate your help.

    Thank you
    Megat, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Megat wrote:

    > I'm trying to create a conversion program, that convert a simple
    > proprietry programming language to an international standard
    > languange, using Visual C++. Need some help from those who has
    > experience or anyone who has any idea in creating such program.

    A program which reads a source file in programming language A
    and outputs a functional equivalent programm in programming
    language B is generally called a 'compiler'.

    So all literatur and information about compiler construction
    is applicable. It's a broad topic.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Megat wrote:
    > I'm trying to create a conversion program, that convert a simple
    > proprietry programming language to an international standard
    > languange, using Visual C++. Need some help from those who has
    > experience or anyone who has any idea in creating such program.
    >
    > Really appreciate your help.
    >
    > Thank you

    Try comp.compilers.*.
    Try comp.programming.

    Search the newsgroups and web for these keywords:
    "Compiler theory"
    "translator computer language"
    "parser"
    "lexer"

    Your biggest issue is converting constructs of one language
    which are not in the other language. Other issues may also
    pop up, such as converting from functional (like LISP) to
    procedural (FORTRAN).

    If you are writing your tool in C++ and need assistance,
    then post the code here along with details about the
    expected behavior and the actual behavior. Be sure to
    read the FAQs below before posting.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: