Language converter.Need Help

Megat

I'm trying to create a conversion program, that convert a simple
proprietry programming language to an international standard
languange, using Visual C++. Need some help from those who has
experience or anyone who has any idea in creating such program.

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Megat said:
I'm trying to create a conversion program, that convert a simple
proprietry programming language to an international standard
languange, using Visual C++. Need some help from those who has
experience or anyone who has any idea in creating such program.

A program which reads a source file in programming language A
and outputs a functional equivalent programm in programming
language B is generally called a 'compiler'.

So all literatur and information about compiler construction
is applicable. It's a broad topic.

Thomas Matthews

Megat said:
I'm trying to create a conversion program, that convert a simple
proprietry programming language to an international standard
languange, using Visual C++. Need some help from those who has
experience or anyone who has any idea in creating such program.

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Try comp.compilers.*.
Try comp.programming.

Search the newsgroups and web for these keywords:
"Compiler theory"
"translator computer language"
"parser"
"lexer"

Your biggest issue is converting constructs of one language
which are not in the other language. Other issues may also
pop up, such as converting from functional (like LISP) to
procedural (FORTRAN).

If you are writing your tool in C++ and need assistance,
then post the code here along with details about the
expected behavior and the actual behavior. Be sure to
read the FAQs below before posting.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message: