    I just wonder the select list only VB and C#. Does ASP.NET support any
    other language like Java, Delphi or C++?

    Thanks millions for the information,

    inungh, Jul 7, 2008

  2. re:
    !> I just wonder the select list only VB and C#.

    Because, "out of the box" Visual Studio only includes support for those 2 languages.

    re:
    !> Does ASP.NET support any other language like Java, Delphi or C++?

    You need to install support for any other languages you want
    to use to create ASP.NET applications in Visual Studio.

    For example, if you want to use PHP, you can install Phalanger :
    http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=Phalanger
    http://php-compiler.net/doku.php?id=core:phalanger_for_.net_developers

    When you install Phalanger, the option to use PHP appears in VS 2005 and VS 2008.

    You can also install support for Oxygene, F#, Ruby, Python and a number of other languages.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 7, 2008

  3. inungh

    bruce barker Guest

    its supports any .net language. the others with ide support, j# (.net version
    of java), ironPhython and ironRuby. you can also use javascript.net, but
    there is no ide support.

    the main requirement for a language to be supported by asp.net is that it
    implements the System.CodeDom classes.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 7, 2008
  4. inungh

    Marc Guest

    "inungh" <> wrote in message
    >I need select a language when I create the ASP.NET. It seems that one
    > web page I can only use one language. Am I rgiht?
    >

    > I just wonder the select list only VB and C#. Does ASP.NET support any
    > other language like Java, Delphi or C++?

    ..NET Supports any language in theory, as long as the language supports a few
    base requirements.

    I like C# and Delphi (I used to use Visual Basic 6, and it was horrid.
    VB.NET looks too similar!)
    If you want to use Delphi for .NET then check out RAD Studio 2007.
    I must say however, I do prefer Visual Studio and C#, C# is very similar to
    Java. Visual Studio is also much nicer to use than Rad Studio IMO,
    especially when creating ASP.NET pages (if you want standard's compliant
    code).
    There is no Java for .NET (there was J# but I believe this is no longer
    supported. Certainly it's nowhere to be seen in my copy of VS 2008).

    If you're new to .NET then using one of the Microsoft backed languages will
    help, as all the reference material is in C# and VB. However as I found out,
    by learning .NET with Delphi - you're forced to think a little more because
    there's no temptation to copy and paste :) -

    Marc

    Marc, Jul 7, 2008
  5. inungh

    inungh Guest

    On Jul 7, 11:32 am, bruce barker
    <> wrote:
    > its supports any .net language. the others with ide support, j# (.net version
    > of java), ironPhython and ironRuby. you can also use javascript.net, but
    > there is no ide support.
    >
    > the main requirement for a language to be supported by asp.net is that it
    > implements the System.CodeDom classes.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >

    > "inungh" wrote:
    > > I need select a language when I create the ASP.NET. It seems that one
    > > web page I can only use one language. Am I rgiht?

    > > I just wonder the select list only VB and C#. Does ASP.NET support any
    > > other language like Java, Delphi or C++?

    > > Thanks millions for the information,- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for the information,
    Am I right? the system knows if any language support .NET installed on
    the machine then the drop down box will give me option to choose?
    One page only can use one language, am I right?

    Thanks again,

    inungh, Jul 8, 2008
  6. re:
    !> the system knows if any language support .NET installed on
    !> the machine then the drop down box will give me option to choose?

    If the installer for the language you install integrates into Visual Studio : yes.
    Otherwise : no.

    re:
    !> One page only can use one language, am I right?

    Yes, although you can use assemblies written in a different language in the same page.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 8, 2008