    How about that? Does Python not support large files? Or which
    functions do not support?

    Robert

    robert, Feb 25, 2008

  2. robert

    Chris Guest

    Re: Large file support >2/4GB ?

    On Feb 25, 12:35 pm, robert <> wrote:
    > Somebody who uses my app gets a error :
    >
    > os.stat('/path/filename')
    >
    > OSError: [Errno 75] Value too large for defined data type:
    > '/path/filename'
    >
    > on a big file >4GB
    >
    > ( Python 2.4.4 / Linux )
    >
    > How about that? Does Python not support large files? Or which
    > functions do not support?
    >
    > Robert

    *nix itself 'had' an issue with large files. This was patched some
    time ago, what version/flavour of Linux are you running ?

    Chris, Feb 25, 2008

  3. robert

    Brian Smith Guest

    RE: Large file support >2/4GB ?

    Chris wrote:
    > On Feb 25, 12:35 pm, robert <> wrote:
    > > Somebody who uses my app gets a error :
    > >
    > > os.stat('/path/filename')
    > >
    > > OSError: [Errno 75] Value too large for defined data type:
    > > '/path/filename'
    > >
    > > on a big file >4GB
    > >
    > > ( Python 2.4.4 / Linux )
    > >
    > > How about that? Does Python not support large files? Or which
    > > functions do not support?

    It looks like Python is not being compiled with large file support by
    default. Most distributions do not enable large file support for Python.

    - Brian

    Brian Smith, Feb 25, 2008